PIMAX Crystal AMD GPU Compatibility -Progress-

Ahh man, you chill me with that comment.
So, looking forward for the final release ( and hopping it will be after CES, not more)

Yes, I am aware but we don’t know if it’s something that requires a deep integration and is done on a game by game basis(Like, say, DLSS/FSR 2.0. That was impossible to mod in until just very recently and it’s still incredibly difficult) or if it’s via a general framework that isn’t purpose built just for DFR instead of done game by game, like Nvidia’s VRS is, and easy to add in. Even in that case though, it’s likely to have some differences from Nvidia’s and so lots of older games may not even have that framework to have it work, which would be a big compatibility problem. That said, AMD’s been a lot more behind open sourcing some of their tech, so modding it in could perhaps be possible in that case.

The current way all PCVR HMDs do DFR is locked to Nvidia and VRS and VR’s a low priority for AMD. So I wouldn’t put too much weight into that until we know more about how it all works and have gotten time to look at the PSVR2 or somebody shows DFR working on AMD on PC.

I appreciate all this discussion, and clearly you guys know a lot more than I do about this.

Though, I think it would be responsible for PIMAX to detail this out in a concise manner on their website to the consumer about the expected functionality and its known limitations, namely for AMD GPUs etc.

We could talk about this until we’re blue in the face, but it’s ultimately PIMAX’s product and ultimately in their best interest to be clear about their tech to inform/educate the average consumer about what they’re buying in to when they’re buying one of PIMAX’s HMDs.

I really hope that PIMAX steps up more and puts something through official channels(their website) regarding the technicalities of their product(s).

We can’t expect the average person to know about the existence of these forums. I’ve been following PIMAX loosely over the past year and I just recently found these forums.

One potential solution to do dfr is fsr with eye tracking.

Since the OpenFSR already has a Foveate circle that position can be modified might not be as hard as one thinks. Sure to make it dynamic will require some fixes to be able to get ET info to apply moving the foveate circle.

I am curious to download the more recent legacy amd gpu drivers that are said to give huge gains to older cards.

@PimaxUSA

Heya… How 'bout an update to the above video and PIMAX’s testing results?

Thanks…

1 Like

Yep! They said ‘every week’ they’ll share a video

1 Like

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

Crickets… :cricket:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.