Pimax completes nearly $30M Series C1 funding to further push the boundaries of Virtual-Reality

Pimax have said they employ 300 people. Fact

What do they get paid in peanuts?

You can Google the average wage of a Chinese factory worker. Fact.

Pimax have said how much Crystal costs. Fact

Pimax have said how much money they raised. Fact.

We’ve seen the Crystal BOM so we know how much it costs. Fact.

Pimax have said they raised $15 then $20 now $30 million. Fact.

If it’s Pimax saying these things how do you come to the conclusion its me that has unsubstantiated opinion? It’s not my opinion. It’s Pimaxes facts.

As for the $30 million - if they didn’t spend the $15 or the $20 million previously raised where did it go? Is it sitting there just for the hell of it? Now add on the $30 million just for that rainy day that will never come.

None of that was your opinion.

This was your opinion:

Do you mind explaining how any of that opinion is backed up by the facts?

Literally the first sentence is false

Except it was investment capital, not a loan. So no debt.

Getting rounds of investment funding is a sign of a company with a positive outlook, why else would investment firms give them money? You’re acting like this is something unusual, but it’s completely normal for companies to go through rounds of funding. It’s actually the default.

Anyway, please do explain how those facts back up your opinions. You have yet to do that.

1 Like

Atmos comes to mind. :crazy_face::rofl::wink:

Sorry I haven’t watched as many episodes of Dragons Dens as you pmsl

Best to not to pay attention to his mindless ramblings. Wait for him to post in a topic where he does better in like psvr2 or so far his hmd chart.

The facts come from Pimax if that’s mindless then Pimax has no hope.

I will say that I somehow doubt investors are just giving money away out of the goodness of their hearts, expecting nothing in return…

3 Likes

Which is true as I mentioned we do not know the details of the agreements. It seems likely that they wouldn’t invest in a sinking company either. They may have agreements to share research or tech licensing agreements. Atmos is just making presumptions again. it is very likely the last rounds of funding from the KS is resolved and that they made enough profits to not only expand operations but to also finance research into the new product lines.

Plus the other hmds still in production there BOMs will have decreased in price. As for tye new products without seeing the contracts with suppliers the magic BOM list he keeps mentioning may not equal what pimax is paying compared to others. Especially if these suppliers also are current parts suppliers.

Atmos is an expert in Alice in Borderland.

2 Likes

Exactly and in every single episode of Dragons Den the Dragons ask the same questions over and over.

How many units are you expecting to sell over 5 years.
How much does it cost to manufacture.
How much profit will it make per unit.
What’s the USP.
Where’s the investment going to go.
How much % of the company are you prepared to sell for a given sum?

This is the magic BOM.

Still empty. For example if this BOM was for the prototype phase will be higher than the production. Like I said it would cost me more to build an Index than buy one from Valve.

Now I will take my own advice and ignore you in this topic as your posts have no value. I recommend others do the same instead of feeding his boredom. Wait for him to post something of value as when he puts effort into posting he can be a great contributor as he has often demonstrated.

1 Like

LOL. It’s such a waste of time. Look at the way you get insulted and bullied by the moderator in this thread. You’re doing a good job at keeping your cool, but be careful that you don’t say anything yourself that could be remotely interpreted as even ‘passive agressiveness’ or he’ll start to threaten to ban you.

So, why even post here. This used to be a quite impartial forum but it’s the “Drink the Pimax kool-aid or get banned” forum now. I’m out again, good luck.

1 Like

Assuming just for PIMAX Crystal, as it seems this is what the focus is:

Cost of Labor

Surely not 100% of 300 employees are factory workers.
Basing cost of labor based on that average is really likely way off.
Plus, how much allocation of their work is dedicated towards the Crystal?
Without such further breakdown of information like this, we can’t arrive at a meaningful estimate within the size of a dart board to be able to arrive at a meaningful COGS in order to work towards a Net Profit.

I’m not saying your numbers are as fiction as George Washington coming back to life to run for president because his direct descendent watched John Snow do it in GoT and communicated this to him via some Psychic along some Las Vegas strip. :crazy_face:

I just think there’s simply not enough information to go by, and your end result estimate on how many Crystal units need to be sold in order to simply break even is likely off by the thousands.

On a high level. YES. Eyebrows can be easily raised regarding how PIMAX is going to be able to honor their financial commitments.

1 Like

The big thing is pimax has already had this level of investment years ago(First KS days) and have obviously done well enough to not only recoup costs and continue heavy R&D. And also demonstrated enough Stability to attract/qualify for more Capital Investors.

Best not to use as you said yourself very limited data to jump to conclusions with presumed extrapolated data as facts.

I would be more concerned with Intel’s stability with available Data than pimax’s as investors are unlikely to back something they evaluate to be an end result of a loss. These types of investors do not invest based on a roulette table.

Don’t want to get too involved in this, just wanna say that, to me, Pimax receiving this investment seems like a positive thing. Those investors obviously see something good in Pimax.

3 Likes

Yep I’m out.

1 Like

Raising Venture Capital with Series A, B, & C | Embroker.

Key note @Atmos

What Is Series C Funding?

Businesses that raise a Series C funding are already quite successful. These companies look for additional funding in order to help them develop new products, expand into new markets, or even to acquire other companies. In Series C rounds, investors inject capital into the meat of successful businesses, in an effort to receive more than double that amount back. Series C funding is focused on scaling the company, growing as quickly and as successfully as possible

One possible way to scale a company could be to acquire another company. Imagine a hypothetical startup focused on creating vegetarian alternatives to meat products. If this company reaches a Series C funding round, it has likely already shown unprecedented success when it comes to selling its products in the United States.

NOTE: “unprecedented success”

Have you had a chance to watch Shark Tank/Dragon’s Den yet :v::smirk::+1:

Ah, but did you see the BOM and the average Chinese factory worker’s wage? How can you possibly not think Pimax is about to close down after seeing those numbers. :rofl:

1 Like

Well to be fair both ideas were not quite right. As it is not a grant there are trades in place like a seat on the board potential as with an ipo.

However each series of funding denotes a level of a company’s success vs marking it heading for failure as was proposed incorrectly; quite the oppisite. There are risks to a company going this route if not careful as the venture capitalists may not have experience to really be on a Board.

However it could give some interesting speculations on whom all could be investors. But only hypothetical speculations as Don’t think that might be publically available. I wonder if Luckey might be one of them. :beers::grin::+1:

1 Like

@jojon Expert on what? Finance? Not me- that’s for sure. I’m glad Pimax continues to attract investors though! Presumably they are experts.
:grin:

3 Likes