Pimax Client new update v1.7.0.2

I have a question though.
Is it now possible to use the Hardware without being logged into the store?
I want to start (the driver features) and to use content fully offline. Possible now?

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra can you slso get clarity of “Fixed Forced update bugs” because earlier Forced updates was said to be removed. If it is no longer forcing updates there should be no bugs fix on that front.

1 Like

Hello,

The forced update was referring to the client, but not the firmware we mentioned earlier.

During the most recent patch, we removed the forced firmware update feature.

1 Like

Hello,

Unfortunately it required you to login while using the client and there must be an internet connection.

Will there then also either an offline mode offered to use Client interface for settings or an option to use pitool loader?

Sometimes folks may want to take there headset on trip where internet may not be available. If the Client program suite does not include an option to adjust hmd settings offline many will not want to use it due to it making a pimax hmd useless without an Internet connection.

1 Like

So you cant use the Crystal or the 12k without an internet connection? That is a terrible idea. I do not give a crap about your store are you seriously forcing online only for a VR headset?

1 Like

Yeah, this is incredibly disappointing to hear it requires not a forced login, but also an internet connection. Requiring a login in order to access titles on the store? Okay, sure, makes sense. But needing it to even use your damn hardware and also need an internet connection?

Extremely disappointing and it’s not making me second guess my interest in the 12k alone, but it’s definitely going to be a black mark that’ll weigh against it if more problems or delays crop up down the line.

Hello,

Yes, according to our Pimax Client developers, an offline mode functionality will be included in the forthcoming version.
They are working on this feature since we thought it may be difficult or annoying if you needed an internet connection to connect the headset.

This would be great if we can connect the headset on the Client’s pitool interfere without any login / internet connection.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for answering and announcement.
May I ask for a due date, even an estimation?

1 Like

Hello,

Unfortunately no estimation on this yet.

But I’ll keep an eye on this feature.

2 Likes