Pimax - cable issue - Bad support

I am sorry, I’ll change your title. It will affect others.

The team has been replied to you, thank you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I will let the team reply his ticket asap, thank you.

1 Like

We will seriously consider the after-sale warranty period.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Matthew and that is truly good to hear.

3 Likes

Thanks for replying Matthew, any help would much be appreciated.

2 Likes

@JasonA1 @Onetime
My pleasure, I’m happy everything was to your satisfaction.

2 Likes

I think Pimax has a serious problem with cable quality. When I received my Pimax 5k+ (as a backer) everything was working fine, but within a few month the cable deteriorated and made the headset unusable. I received a replacement cable for free in July which showed mild issues (white dot flickering) right from the start which I was willing to tolerate. I was very carfeful not to twist the cable and installed a management system but now it is already worsening again. Is there any guarantee that the cable which is now sold on the webpage is more durable? It cannot be that such an expensive cable has to be replaced every few month.
And what me really concerns is the development for the new 8K X which I already preordered. They are pushing bandwidth to the limits to get the data through a single cable, but with regard to the experience I’m having with the 5k+ I have my doubts.

I’ve gotten one replacement cable after the first one showed flickering pixels and haven’t had any issues with the current one (also using a pulley system).

I’ve had the replacement cable for more than half a year.

2 Likes

I’ve been using my replacement cable since May. It’s still working great, even though I’ve rolled my chair over it, a few times.

4 Likes

Hi @Matthew.Xu , I have exactly same problem here, please help on #21063, thank you ! (the ticket is assigned to you)

1 Like

Hi @Konger, may you have any news about my cable? :slight_smile:

Pimax 5K+

Is there a connector on the side of the headset ?

To know what people are doing to change the cable and play again

It’s where the cable attaches to the headset… :grin:

You have to push down gently on the frame which the foam is attached to before You can pull the cable out of its socket.

There’s a video somewhere on the forum which shows it.

EDIT: Here’s a link to the YouTube video:

Originally posted by @park

4 Likes

Thank you very much

I was just curious

1 Like

Hi Mr.Liu, I have been replied to you at the helpdesk, thank you for your support.

3 Likes

@pimaxun @Konger Hi! Passed two weeks… any news about my cable? Maybe i will have it before Xmas? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Konger a month passed by my last mail… trying to have a reply… no info…

A month from my last mail, but i tried before and no reply…

so i tried to write here before reddit and internet… i tried… it seems it doesn’t works with good…

@Matthew.Xu I am sorry, I’ll change your title. It will affect others.

I don’t know how to have my cable… today or tomorrow max i’ll start to post this on reddit and many VR forum if you don’t reply me again… have no choice it seems…

3 Likes

@migliorare before you go ranting on the Reddit, post you ticket number with a short description of the problem here

…and what about simply send the cable as told?

1 Like