Pimax broke every USB port on my computer

Just booted up my pimax again, I’ll get back to you in 40 minutes when the pimax software decides to start working! Put a computer microphone near the headset it shoots EMF it has very poor wiring, that’s why the apple watch is dieing.

Still broken patch your broken RNG software that does refuses to initiate the headset for any rhyme or reason. 45 minutes unplugging it plugging it back in manually shutting down processes and refreshing usb devices… Terrible

What’s your Mainboard ?

1 Like

Prime Z490-P plugged directly into usb 3.2 gen 2 slot the software/drivers simply don’t detect the headset properly its just poor quality control and programming typical to pimax. The fanboys here will tell you its not a common problem but if you look for like 20 seconds you’ll see the majority of pimax users have serious issues with consistency of startup among other things. I could try it on any of my pc’s and encounter the same problem, its just more convenient to point the finger at the end user as its a simpler solution to a seemingly complex problem. Restarting the pc then fiddeling for another 10 minutes isnt a viable solution, that simply means you dont have what it takes to be in the VR business and should get out.

RNG programming.

I could sit here and link videos all day of people who cant get their pimax units to even turn on, its COMPLETE RNG its not us its you… Fix your hardware and software RNG coding is not a sustainable business model. software engineer friends of mine are not having computer problems its your trash system… as it sits right now I cant get wait to get rid of this time sink, I cant sit here for 45 minutes at a time waiting and hoping the pimax software will acknowledge the hardware’s existence. https://youtu.be/c0VLnxN0rKQ

Well having watched a lot of videos, I would have to say that’s an exaggeration. Even the one you did post doesn’t meet that criteria. ie she turned it on and found a work around for a usb issue. Unlike yourself she didn’t claim Pimax broke every usb port.
Not defending Pimax’s decision to sell Crystal before complete.but since you have all those videos showing how people can’t turn it on what’s your excuse for buying in before it is done? caveat emptor

2 Likes

A quick search(thanks for finally at least posting part of your pc specs) There are reports of usb issues. This is not a new issue as some motherboards have been known to have usb controllers not very friendly with certain types of devices. ie VR

https://reddit.com/r/oculus/s/7qssIQSyVy

This Asus topic may help you

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043160/

Some users have even had to install a USB add on Card. And no not just pimax users.

That being said if your belief was true. Pimax would not still be around today. Don’t confuse ppl as being “fan boys” just because you have issues.

He is confusing his issues. He has an 8kX for almost a year from what he says.

Reminds me of when we had someone else fudge numbers to support their pov.

ok, you’re a bad faith actor so I’m done talking with you. I have addon cards, they do the same. its not my usb port as the pimax works after a system reboot more consistently, the after the 2nd time I go to turn the pimax on it freezes my computer. Both times though the pimax will not start right away, the problem seems to be getting more and more inconsistent. I can do a quick qoogle serarch for literally any motherboard and find people complaining about USB ports its not proof its trash advice from some one hasn’t a clue what they’re talking about. I’m telling you its bad pimax drivers software and hardware as most people have this problem including people pimax sends newhardware too… reinstalling software does not fix the issue… Pimax needs to hire competenet people they are holding the company back.

Now your just being an a$$. Helio has given more to this community than anyone else daily for several year. You want to start personal attacks take it elsewhere.

7 Likes

I called the claim that Pimax broke USB port BS. No such thing to begin with…

1 Like

well it did, 4 usb ports no longer provide enough power to power the pimax ontop of that I updated the bios and the pimax is still not recoginzed with out a 30-45 minute buffer period, broken hardware and software.

Yeah, it jsut works no one has issues with the pimax.

I’m petitioning the government to get this scam company banned from my country for selling defective products, still crashes and freezes my computer regularly while systematically damaging my hardware. I am literially on the most stable PC I’ve ever built not a single crash outside of me trying to turn my pimax on… you made the only software that can crash my computer congratz…

Dear Client,

Thank you for reaching out to  Pimax. 
   Due to the recent high volume of Crystal inquiries, manual responses have been slow. In order to reduce the wait, we hope the following reply content can help you:

Ah that explains it :rofl:

2 Likes

keep making excuses all the way to bankruptcy.

Are you aware that the USB 2.0 connector has to be connected to another internal hub or an external power supply?

1 Like

His is the 8kX. Mine I don’t even use the extra power usb2 cable. What he has described sounds like either a psu issue or motherboard issue in my xp.

1 Like

I need both, but ok, I have extensions on them

1 Like

This happened to me as well. Last week, I turned on the headset and it said Error 10500, USB issue. I tried resetting the headset, uninstalling Pimax, reinstalling, downgrading the GPU firmware, etc. Finally, removed the HUB that came with it and tried one USB port on the motherboard and it worked. The previously working USB port is no longer working. So, I think that’s what you mean by broke all your USB ports?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.