Pimax Artisan: display issues - flickering, turning off

Hello there! Just bought Pimax Artisan and on first run catch a lot of issues. First one - display starts to flicker on 120/90/72 hz when in SteamVR or HL: Alyx. And image sometimes is not sharp enough… hard to conrentrate (my IPD is 64).
After SteamVR restart only right screen is working.

Welcome!

Are you using the SteamVR beta? If you are, try opting out.

2 Likes

Yeah, returning back to stable SteamVR fixed flickering in SteamVR Home, thanks!

But there is still strange issue with clarity… or focus? I had Rift S for some time and there was no issue with focusing on objects. But in Artisan it’s pretty diffucult.

Clarity could be Pitool’s quality setting or SteamVRs SuperSampling settings… Focus sounds more like IPD adjustment.

FWIW, I think Pimax headsets have a lower binocular overlap, so you will struggle to focus on things very close to your eyes. I start to struggle with things about 10cm from my face.

2 Likes

The problem is… it’s hard to focus on things on mid range. Close up stuff is pretty readable.

Try a lower IPD
May help, it dose for me.

1 Like

I run my ipd larger. Fyi.

Seems like IPD wheel is way off… set to 60 to compensate.

1 Like

The vertical offset can do wonders, have you tried to adjust the values?

Hey Martin :slight_smile:
Yeah, I’ve seen this setting, but where should I test it to tweak correctly?

1 Like

Hard to say, but maybe an area which has (at the same time) close-up, mid-distance and far-distance objects to focus on?

2 Likes

Hi Satos. I’ve got an Artisan on it’s way to me and wondering how you are getting on with yours - have you still got issues?

One of the most interesting things you said for me was that it’s hard to focus on things on mid range. I’m wondering if this is the same issue that someone had on a review video playing Arizona Sunshine that had problems with seeing people (zombies) mid distance. Seems a bit worrying if it is a consistent problem.

Well, no issues after changing IPD. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.