Pimax and IL-2 Sturmovik Parallel Projections

Hi everyone!

i noticed if i start my Pimax 8K x (or any other pimax), the view is just fine without Parallel Projections on But when i use the zoom function, thats when it goes to a cross-eyed view.

Im forced to use PP if i want to use the zoom. Is this the only way around it?

1 Like

I seem to remember someone talking about a mod or something as it’s only an issue when zooming.

EDIT: Here’s a thread about the issue:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/il2-3dmigoto-mod-pp-fix-for-pimax/21596

5 Likes

Thanks for this. I thought that I saw something also but I can’t find it I will read into this link

5 Likes

You’re welcome… :+1::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

last version is here [MOD] VREM : VR enhancer - Mods - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum, but with the last options allowing shader injectors blocking, it can not be used on most online servers.

5 Likes

How does it work? I dont fly online much anyway. It will allow NON-PP use and still let me zoom?

2 Likes

It does not work online. Offline yes.

But it’s not Pimax fault, the Devs aren’t calculating the viewports correctly.

It has been reported from what I remember, but they aren’t fixing their game.

All you can do is complain on the forums and write bug reports. There’s also a Pimax user called “blitze” who falsely repeated that it was fine. He has an 8KX now too.

He said “just close one eye”. :poop:

4 Likes

I just read it. So with VREM it should work with PP Off and the zoom low or high it seems. Or does it still not work with VREM?

Here is the latest response from the developer. They are aware of the issue. No plans on fixing it yet.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/62089-vr-fish-eye-trouble-with-normal-zoom/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-996034

If you use VREM offline, you will be able to use IL2 GB without PP with 3 in game level of zoom. You will have to set convergence setting for this three levels, that’s not automatic.

I saw that theyre all at 0 inside the ini files. Is there any suggested values for the convergence levels?

It’s a joke. They say Pimax’ zooming problem.

It’s their problem.

Their implementation of the viewports is amateurish. It’s all hardcoded, it’s clear:
Whenever a new headset arrived, they had to adjust the game for it. Remember the WMR headsets showing false world size? Or the Rift S? They could only “fix” the 5K+ when they had a unit in their office in Moscow? So their game doesn’t take the information from the API as it should.

It is hardcoded. They lack the skills to solve it. I bet the Reverb G2 won’t feel properly upon release as well. New lens design. Probably won’t be usable until adjusted by them as well.

That’s the fact, the simple (sad) truth.

3 Likes

That sucks. At least we can run without PP and using one eye - lolllll

Do you recommend changing anything else with the VRem mod? I changed the brightness of the scope to 4.0, but dont know if i should do anything else.

you can try sharpen features. Even with the reverb, I’m using it.
The default mod sight should be ok.
And of course the capability to add your own images in kneepad like features.

There was the same problem with DCS, support of zoom without PP is relativelly new.

Got it. Ye i came back to IL-2 after at least a year away and now the zoom changed settings and it works without the PP but crosseyed in some sections.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.