Pimax and game developers

Having the COBRA engine output 4K is not a problem, as it can do that
already and scales to 16K I believe, but they may have to work on the
wide FoV

Are you sure? it’s a SteamVR issue

Read this: Projection and Distortion in Wide-FoV HMDs | Doc-Ok.org

Awesome post Crony!

@deletedpimaxrep1 if the Toronto event works out let me know and i will do what i can to attend. :v::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Its been corrected from within the article you posted.

Something @PimaxVR mentioned after Tested review said “feels like fov stretched” of which some ran with as “is stretched”.

@deletedpimaxrep1 posted an updated Doc-ok (look at recent topics)

http://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-official-declarations-on-200-degrees-rendering-solutions/3159/13?u=heliosurge

Link for quick reference.

Let me know if youre coming to the UK! Ill drop in!

2 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1

My best suggestion to boost your kickstarter to 2 million+

Invite one of the guys from Road to VR to try your final prototype @ your office in China. Pay for for their travel if you have to. It will boost sales.
Demonstrate your final prototype on GTX 1080ti. Set the Super sampling to 2.0 !!

This will help make everyone who is still unsure back the kickstarter

4 Likes

As long as Pimax8k works with Unity (it should, assuming it is based on Valves OpenVR SDK), that is the most important thing.

@deletedpimaxrep1 Would be nice to get some confirmation that the headset has been tested/confirmed working in the latest Unity 2017?

There is a mod (game) in development, seems will be released soon:

Here developer told about compatibility with Pimax 8K:

So please give them headset / cooperate with them! To play HL2 on P8K is my mad dream :yum:

1 Like

Update following Frontier Expo - nothing concrete I’m afraid. There were over a thousand CMDRs there and a very busy schedule, including the streamed presentations (there were others as well on a 2nd stage).

However, I got to chat to a few of the devs (and exec) and the good news is they are aware of PiMAX and the 8K, but wouldn’t be drawn on any specifics regarding a relationship or specific support. Not unexpected as Frontier are traditionally wary of over-promising anything and the best I got was that they will continue to support VR where possible (they also hardly ever talk about 3rd party relationships unless part of a coordinated PR release).

So I wouldn’t interpret that as “no support”, but code rewrites to support the HMD, if it was needed, wouldn’t be immediate i.e. they would have to be resourced and then sequenced amongst the priorities for the 2018 release schedule (a bit like the skymap texture dithering that needed enabling on the Rift a patch or two ago).

TL:DR - Frontier at least know of the PiMAX 8K, but wouldn’t say anything uncoordinated or unplanned.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. I’m sure they will try it out as soon as it hits the market

If they want to they can come to my house and demo my Pimax 8k. :wink:

1 Like

There’s only one UK event happening mid October, and that is the Play Expo Manchester 2017. https://www.playexpomanchester.com/
It’s on from the 14th-15th October.

There is the Future Games Summit happening on the 31st October to 1st November, but that seems a bit late, and is more of a conference type event. https://www.nbmevents.uk/futuregamessummit/50827