Pimax amd 290X compatability)

Hi chaps!
Sold my p5k+ and the guy has a amd 290X that i see has DP 1.2 so its not supported ? can get a red light and tracking works but no picture

1 Like

I have also an r9 390 8gig. From my understanding it is a more or less beefed up 290. It is also only dp 1.2.

I haven’t updated drivers for awhile however it worked in 2018 and used it about a year ago and was working.

Granted may have some issues as the 290 iirc only has 4g; in theory it should work.

What are his system specs?

I cant make new topic :frowning:
Please help me.
I have 5k xr Pimax and HTC VIVE 1 base stations and controlers.
SteamVR cans see base stations and I cant run Bluetooth on Windows 10 64b.
How can I use this HTC VIVE 1 base stations and controlers with Pimax 5k XR on SteamVR?
Please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi & Welcome to the OpenMR Forum! I have bumped your user level by one.

Pimax doesn’t have Bluetooth control of Lighthouses and requires manual turn on & Off or a software work around.

Bluetooth is not needed though to use lighthouses & controllers.

Checkout this link has many useful topics.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/table-of-contents-wiki/10851?u=heliosurge

The OG Vive had v1 basestations. This app works for v2 basestations and might also work for v1

This topic definitely has one that works for v1 basestations but it probably isn’t as user friendly and probably also requires a bluetooth connection/dongle for your PC.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.