Pimax adjustment guide (including software IPD)

Dear VR community,

in my opinion Pimax is offering one of the best headset on the market. Today the Pimax 8kx DMAS pushes VR to an extreme level and they went to go even further. Unfortunately some users struggle with image quality and a suboptimal view. But it’s not a failure in hardware, it depends on going to the limits. You have to adjust the headset in the right way to achieve the greatest VR experience you can get right now.

Pimax is offering an unique feature in VR called: Software IPD offset. This feature is very important for correcting the optical image projection for your own head and eyes. I believe every user can achieve a distortion free sharp image and comfortable natural view with a Pimax 8kx.

In order to support other users to get familiar with setting options much easier, I wrote a detailed Pimax adjustment guide. Practical knowledge from other users of this guide shows, it’s fun to see all the little steps leading to such a great effect.

You can download the English version here:
Pimax adjustment guide

You can download the German version here:
Pimax Anleitung zum Einrichten der VR Brille

Have fun,
Looking4

18 Likes

WOW!Appreciate the effort you have put into this guide!!! :wink:

6 Likes

Wow, that’s seriously amazing work. Pimax should consider including this as official documentation, it is amazing!

3 Likes

Amazing work.!

2 Likes

Awesome Guide! I have pinned it globably for better visibility.

Will add it to the guide repo soon.

3 Likes

Indeed, better than everything we currently have

2 Likes

Klasse job ! richtig gut gelungen ! Da müssen neue nicht lange rumsuchen !

great job ! nicely done ! New users have no need to look any further !

3 Likes

Fantastic work, thank you!

1 Like

2 years I’ve been trying to nail down the perfect setting, and using this guide I got it perfect in 5 minutes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was only 0.5 mm out from my own guessing, but that really made all the difference.
Sends u a virtual beer cheers mate.

2 Likes

Thank you! It should definately be official. I tinkered with it for years and am quite happy with it. I was sure there isn’t anything new I could find but it had a couple of usefull things to tune it even more.

The eye-tracking module should allow a totally automatic adjustment for the software side at least. It was a largely useless purchase but at least the calibration should be doable, so that when I make someone else try it they don’t lose their patience.

1 Like

How did I miss this? I’m putting a link to it on my ‘Pimax Help’ videos on YouTube.
Great work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.