Pimax 8KX + OVRMC (or YawVR Tracker) for motion compensation

With openxr this issue doesn’t happen

1 Like

After some investigating there’s some options that we may need to tweak with the OVRMC…I haven’t found a solution just yet…

1 Like

I also have exactly the same issue with the 8kx and YAW2. not playable when heavy yaw movement happens e.g. dirt rally.
anyone have a solution for this?

by the way, I have the same issue when using a vive tracker with two lighthouses instead of the yaw tracker. using the quest 2 and virtual desktop no problems at all. despite the FOV is sooo damn low with the quest2. :slight_smile:

It’s a problem of incompatibility with the OVRMC and the Pimax driver (the way it renders the image and send it to the headset).

Have you tried using the OpenXR Motion Compensation along with the PimaxXR and OpenXR Toolkit?

2 Likes

thanks for the response. I have tried openxrMC last year, but it was working better with OVRMC. dont remember what the issues where but I had a DOF P3 and yaw was never a problem.

so I think I have to look into openXRMC again because I dont think that Pimax will provide a solution. :frowning:

1 Like

Actually, it’s not Pimax’s fault. It’s a combination of factors. Steam breaks something with every upgrade and the developer of OVRMC is tired of fixing OVRMC with every Steam update. OXRMC works very well even though not all simulators exploit it, but slowly they will become more compatible.

1 Like

setup everything with openxrmc and its working really well in dirt rally!
thanks for the headsup. really intense experience with the pimax and yaw2 :blush:

3 Likes

Can I ask: what are your settings with dirt rally? Do you use SRS or GE?

I answered on discord. :wink:

1 Like

All the problems are solved using OpenXR Motion compensation instead of OVRMC.

It’s neccessary to use PimaxXR, but it works flawlessly with it. Better than the OVRMC.

All with the Virtual Tracker of the Yaw2, no extra hardware needed.

1 Like