Pimax 8kX Glasses Frames

Has anyone had any luck finding a place that will make the custom size Prescription Lenses required for the frames? I tried Zenni and Lensabl. Neither would do it because the frames Slot prevent the lenses from being installed. The Frames are apparently not made correctly.

2 Likes

The 3D model of the frames that Pimax released, won’t work. Don’t ask me why they don’t work or why they were released.
Theres a usermade frames however that DOES do the trick.

@DrWilken can you please find the post?

4 Likes

There You go:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-5k-8k-prescription-lens-adapter/19796

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Thanks TrevorVR, I already have that adapter for my 5K+. It does indeed work. The one for the upcoming 8KX that Pimax has released does not. They are completely different designs. the 8KX one is 2 pieces that are not connected together to accommodate the movement of the lenses horizontally. for IPD is the reason I have heard. This design is the one I am trying to get lenses made for. I do not think the 5k+ frames will work in the 8KX.

1 Like

The only difference is the VR Comfort kit and because of it, any custom frame may not fit. AFAIK noone have this kit for now, you’ll have to wait a bit before makers can adapt them.

nyajigon22’s frame is really easy to edit and will surely be adapted.

1 Like

it’s change the shape, my custom frame(for 5k+ &8k) can’t work with the kit, the frame is too large for it.

How can you tell? You received the kit?

yep.and the 8k+…

2 Likes

Nice!

How do you like the 8K+ and the Comfort Fit so far?

2 Likes

i am very enjoy with it.
very comfortable…

3 Likes

We are testing a version that works with the comfort kit. Hopefully show it off at CES.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me why the aftermarket lens vendors have ignored Pimax completely. Even The new Reverb, and Index have options. Why are they refusing to do business with Pimax owners?

Is there any update regarding glasses frames?

No!

Soon I hope :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like