Pimax 8KX for sale - ready to ship today [Sold]

its not on ebay - I’m offering a lower price on here for a direct sale before listing it on ebay

3 Likes

As long as you buy velco tape no wider than the underlying built-in velcro gripper pad, and do not rip it up with such force and rapidity as to pull up the underlying velcro gripper pad (a minor risk with the original foam as well) yes, that can be about as guaranteed as anything. If you did manage to leave marks that significantly impacted resale value, you would probably be one among thousands if not more to do so in any similar situation…

All you would be doing is adding a layer of double sided velcro, between things that normally already use velcro. I have done this, without any risk whatsoever.

That said, velcro strips are not really compressible enough for optimum comfort, and less than convenient to build ideal shapes with.

Very thoughtful of you <3 .

2 Likes

1500£ ( not € or $ ) is a bit crazy for a pimax , isnt it :thinking: ?

3 Likes

for the profit you making out of the 8kx kickstarter you should thank pimax not trash pimax, if it’s me I would be thanking pimax for the $$$ in my pocket :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: my sold 5k+ was what funded the 8kx purchase.

hmm but i think i would keep my 8kx tho, 5k+ was fine on me.

when i finally receive my 8kx i would be very happy, got so much value out of this kickstarter project.

3 Likes

I doubt this would have helped geoffvader, who has enough experience to know what the community has been able to determine reliably (and what is certain enough to put into a newbie guide).

We do need a simple, robust, well organized (ie. most pages as categories), and printable (ie. PDF export of some category pages) wiki though. Myself and Sweviver could get that started. I really expected to have that done by now, but hit every roadblock getting to the point of being ready to finish another project… so I’ll get to this in a week or less.

1 Like

8kX’s have sold on ebay for £1800, so my price is quite a discount by comparison, by the time you pay shipping, extra for headphones, import fees, my price is basically the same as buying from the Pimax store but I actually can ship it to you within 48 hours.

1 Like

I’m not trashing them, they’ve decided for whatever reason not to cater to my face shape, thats fine, so after 3 years I want to sell my headset rather than wait even longer on something that may or may not fix the issue for me.

I don’t actually have anything “in my pocket” right now, so bit difficult to thank someone for something they’ve not done.

1 Like

sorry, now I really had to laugh a little louder

1 Like

Nowadays i come to the forums purely cause of all the pimaniacs defending the company at every step.

2 Likes

Why is $1929 (£1500) expensive?

The only other VR headset I know of with 4K per eye, is XTAL 8K at $8000 which also had LCD panels.

1 Like

I know, like, I’m selling my 8KX because it should go to someone who appreciates it and can get it to work, I don’t want to be on these forums wasting space arguing about it any longer and Pimax can just be rid of me… and this is what I get.

I’m done “trashing” pimax, they finally delivered to me what I paid for, its over, I don’t want to keep it because its not what I expected but thats actually fine as long as I can recover the money I paid 3 years ago, a little extra for my troubles would be nice and we can all just move on.

12 Likes

You don’t seem as nasty as I always thought you were. It is really very unfortunate that Pimax is not for you.

1 Like

I came here just to see some acting like mad dogs tear into pimax for everything it’s doing, be it right or wrong :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Beats being locked down in my home doing nothing.

2 Likes

I think £1500 is a very reasonable price.

If you order one now you will get it in a year lol, this one could be with the purchaser in a couple of days.

5 Likes

Well I hope you get a good price on it to make it up for the unsatisfactory experience you had, and hopefully overall a positive experience out of this 8kx Kickstarter project, even if it means selling it.

Price sounds reasonable for guaranteed to receive it early.

1 Like

Something is expensive vs the common average income not the features it’s offering. Presented this way nothing would be expensive unless scam priced. Is the 8K reasonable priced vs the competition maybe.

Thanks…

Good luck with selling it, man. So sad to see marginal improvement over such a expensive piece of tech. Whish you the best.

1 Like

Hello, I’m interested.
Am in England.
I assume as it is a private sale there will be no V.A.T.?
Do you accept paypal?
P.M. me if it is still for sale.

2 Likes

PM sent :wink:

1 Like