Pimax 8k to 5K+ Coupon is it a scam? (resolving)

So I ask support about the $100 Credit for the price difference downgrading from the 8K to the 5K+.
I’m told that the “discount coupon” can not be used to buy the hand motion, but it can be used to buy the following things:
5m DP cable;
Protective sleeve;
Comfort kit;
Replacement Foam.

This is BS. It’s not a voucher it’s a credit.
There was a price difference, the $100 should be able to be used on whatever we want.
I paid you the extra $100 cash. it’s not a voucher.

I’m told there was a deal that ended at the end of last year where we could use towards the Hand tracking module with the $100 “Voucher”.
It shouldn’t matter if there was a deal. It was my $100

Guys is there something that can be done?
@SweViver
@PimaxVR
@PimaxUSA

4 Likes

When they made us the offer to downgrade (and strongly suggested us to do it), it wasn’t mentioned that we could only use the coupon on useless items from the shop, of which most of them we got for free anyway.

The Kickstarter email said, we can use the coupon on items in the shop, not excluding anything.

The exact wording was the following:
“- If you are an 8K / X backer and decide to switch to 5K+, we will provide you $100 coupon to purchase accessories (modules etc.) in our online store. Stay tuned for the pre-order of headsets and accessories: eepurl.com/cCSair

5 Likes

Hello,

Could you please provide the ticket # to us? And we will take a look at it, and try to speak with the support about the $100 on handtracking.

Thank you so much.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thankyou,
Ticket #13232

Rodney

1 Like

More coupon drama!!! Good luck @tinman12345

2 Likes

What is the official answer on what the downgrade credit can be used on?

Nothing yet. I think they are on holidays now.

Bump so it doesn’t get deleted

Can we get an update here?

@PimaxQuorra
An update please

Hello,

The $100 downgrade coupon is able to apply while purchase the Hand Tracking Module, but it was expired after 31st December 2020. We have mentioned this before during the weekly update.

Or you can proceed to this link for further information.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-23-07-2020/29702

Somehow, we will try our best to negotiate with the team, if you wish to purchase the HT module with the coupon.

Sincerely.

I always knew that Pimax was ahead of time but wasn’t aware how much until now… :sunglasses:

Weekly Update 23.07.2022

Posted July '20… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Unbelievable. I was planning to get the HT once I got my headset with my voucher.

That wasn’t what was said previously! I’m not sure that sneak editing in a restricted end date ‘sometime’ after :thinking: sending out an update counts as “mentioning this before during a weekly update”

fyi that update info everyone received in email and posted on the Kickstarter page also omits this convenient ninja edit!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset/posts/2901727

2 Likes

This is Pimax for you:
thumb_i-am-altering-the-deal-pray-i-dont-alter-it-any-53138009

“Please downgrade to a 1440p headset and we’ll give you back the $100 you paid extra in form of a coupon, which you can spend on modules on the shop!”
One year later:
“Oh, we accidentially forgot to tell you that those $100 can only be used on internally produced modules, which so happen to be none of them. So your $100 are now worthless, too bad for you.”

“Remember that free eye tracking every backer is going to receive according to the kickstarter? We’ve decided that you’re going to get exactly nothing of that, unless you pay us another $100. Oh, and of course the coupon money we already stole from you cannot be used for that either.”

3 Likes

People have been tilting at this windmill for a long time and I doubt Pimax will do the right thing after all this time. Absolutely this should have been a store “cash credit” but I don’t see this changing now. They have ignored this coupon complaint since it was initially discovered they were not treating it as a cash rebate (after we had made our choice to downgrade). They danced around and ignored this ever since.
You don’t even get full value for the coupon if you don’t spend exactly $100. They don’t make change. It’s a one time use which also wasn’t clarified when asking us to chose the 5K+ or 8K. As a cash credit at least one could have had a store balance, not that there is much one can buy anyway.
I used mine on a replacement cable when my replacement 5K+'s cable died in 6 months. The only thing i could add to my purchase with the remaining $20 was a $10 thin foam meaning I only got to spend $90 of the coupon value.
I will let my wallet speak any further on my satisfaction level. I will definitely be dealing with a North American retail presence with full NA sales and service for my next hmd.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.