Pimax 8K+: right screen stays black

After my 8k+ has been working fine since march, the right screen suddenly turned black yesterday. A restart of the PC, PITool-Service and HMD did not bring any improvement. Furthermore I exchanged all cables with those of my old 5K+. Also here the right screen remained dark. Then I connected my 5k+. This worked immediately without any problems.
I mean I have read the problem already here in the forum but could not find a solution. Therefore my post here: does anyone have an idea?
My system:
I7-9700K @5GHz
RTX2080TI
32GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit prof. 2004
Pitool:1.01.262
HMD FW: 2.1.155.268

Before you ask: yes I have already created a ticket at the support (#8647)

1 Like

Have you tried changing refresh rates? I saw a lot of 8kx users having the issue at 114hz. Luckily you’re still in warranty it seems… could be an issue with the right screen or associated connections. Happened to my quest 1 with no mechanical reason (didn’t drop or hit the hmd)

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. No, I have not tried a different refresh rate. Normaly I use 90 or 75 Hz. But good point I will test it when I’m back home

1 Like

many thanks for the tip. In fact with 75 Hz refresh rate both screens work. At 90 and 110 Hz the right screen remains dark. At least now I can continue to use my headset until I get a feedback from the support. What would Pimax do without its community

2 Likes

They would probably go out of business.

3 Likes

The Pimax support just sent me a new firmware for my 8k+. After the installation I tried Steam Home for a short time and it all works now again with 90 and 110 Hz.
I have to say this was a very good support experience. :+1:
Go on Pimax :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.