Pimax 8K plus not recognized WHITE status LED

yah it all started with a error that the left lens turned black than the right lens and the hdmi let me in the dark for like 10 secounds in any game and came back to normal after 10 secs darkness but it keep repeating this all like 10-20 secs!

I wrote the support and they tould oh your warranty is over buy a new one^^

i dindt want to and started to play arround with different firmwares and pitool versions… i used the DFU tool to put an older firmware 2 versions older and the Pitool also… it worked for some time very good the black lens error was disappered! but than i had from one day to the other another error! when i was standing still the picture was normal but if i turn arround my head the image started to shake up and down! made me sick…

so i did a firmare update like always but did the misstake and loaded the default p2.dfu from the dfu driver folder burned it to HDMI and now its completly broken!
STatus LED keeps being WHITE and windows dont recognize Headset anymore… if i plug it into USB it says unknown USB device! nomatter wich Pitool version i use no chance… i tought its a driver problem and did a fresh win10 installation… still the same! i can put the headset into DFU mode manually but still its not recognized…

Kinda broke it i guess? can i somehow access the files on the headset and just manually delete them?
what does the USB port at front down under the headset? would that allow me to access it? and why the hell the headset is not comming with a factory reset button like all modern IT devices Today??

Thanks alot please help i dont have another 1000$ for a new HDMI atm…

2 Likes

It’s really hard to brick a Pimax. Have you gotten it into download mode (r-g-b flashing)? If not, try this guide (which is a bit out of date, but should still help you)…

1 Like

yes i got it manually into DFU / Download mode… the problem is windows dont recognize the USB Device even in “download” mode… it says unknown Device…

try this

2 Likes

put it in DFU mode without putting in usb. When its in DFU mode, put the usb in and start flashing. Use this if DFU.exe doesnt recognise 1.91 MB file on MEGA

1 Like

Okay i tried that… Put it in DFU Mode manualy… the LEDS start to blink in changing colors! I plugged in the Device! the DFU Tool didnt Recognize the Headset… Both of them your Provided Tool and also not Pimaxes… after installing PITOOL it kicked my headset out of DFU Mode and headset STATUS LED IS WHITE AGAIN!
no information on google or Pimax documentation what the WHITE LED Means…

Here some Pictures i have a German OS because im in Switzerlaand sorry but the Device is 1. recogniced as LHR, whatever that means and also as Unknown USB Device…

I mean i was very sceptical to buy from a CHinese Company over the Internet because my experience was 50/50 to not get what you ordered… a Friend convinced me to buy PIMAX over Valve Index because it has so much better Display and FOV… i have to agree the FOV is great even not all Games support the Large option… also the display resolution is top but my 2080TI can hardly give me stable 60 fps in any game… so i regret my choice for PIMAX every day…

Also the Headset was working 6 Months pretty okay… than i found a GF in VR CHat and went to meet her for 6 Months… i did come back and it had the Black lens error… Youtube Video Below…
I asked the Pimax Support for help and they first wanted to see an evidence Video for this error before they wanted to Provide any support… You know how hard it is to play a Game create a Throu lens Video when the Error Occurs? i already felt a little offended… bad Support for this Expensive Hardware… They tould me oh the Headset seems broken but because your warranty is over we give you a coupon to buy a NEW headset! okay so no support for my existing Headset but an offer to spend more money for Trashy stuff… nice i felt even more Offended… and i did a misstake i got disrespectful and wrote back i dont have another 1000$ for a NEW Headset and even if i would have i would not buy from you anymore…

That was maybe a misstake and maybe give me - Credit on Chinas socialpoint System :D^^

Anyway my Index is on The way^^ thanks for your time TRYING TO HELP ME…

Video Evidence of my first Error of Blackout Lenses wich i was able to fix with pitool and firmware downgrade for some days…
Pimax 8k+ Lens Blackout - YouTube

solved!!! was just super hard to get into dfu manually i also had to reinstall my Motherboard USB controllers and change pimax cable!! nmot it seem to be recognized again!!!

1 Like