Pimax 8K plus & 8K X shipping date

It’s not very often that you will see much for numbers from a privately held company. Once in a while, they might share some sales numbers to show what a hit they have on their hands and try to build even more public perception. That would be less common for a niche market focused company like Pimax, because the public would take the “relatively small” even if highly successful niche numbers as a sign of failure.

3 Likes

Only if they want to boast about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there

When does the 8kx start shipping?

Pre-ordered a few months ago.
(Pre)

@PimaxQuorra

1 Like

Hello Timo,

We will post an update on the discussion by this week, please kindly stay tune on it.
Now we are gathering all the questions/problems and product updates, will post a discussion on all the matters that mostly customers are concerned about.
Please spare us some time on the 8KX.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Hello

Yesterday at CES 2020 LasVegas, Sebastain from @Mrtv asked the CEO of Pimax about the marketing (shipping)of the Pimax 8K X in 2020 and the Ceo replied that it would be in March 2020 !!

Aplushhssss

3 Likes

What I CAN tell you is they have $160 too much because i paid that much extra for accessories and have never gotten a straight answer if I can get a store coupon to buy whatever I want with it. As I would probably put it towards deluxe MAS upgrade or leap montion and i’d still have money left over.

Realistically they should just refund it because its money i gave them extra and they dont own it.

Hi there

Is there anything new about the shipping date of the Pimax 8kx?

2 Likes

Hello Drowhunter,

If you prefer on refund than store coupon, you can kindly contact with CS team, we are sure they are happy to assist you on this matter.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Thank you i created support ticket #22,489 I hope this will finally be resolved.

3 Likes

Hello dear Pimax team.

It would be really nice if we got updates from time to time.

Can we expect shipping in March?

2 Likes

LOL. That seems extremely optimistic for the 8k-X, given that China isnt producing much right now. Companies like Foxconn aim to get back up to 50% production capacity in 2 weeks but I highly doubt that will happen. Either way, pretty sure we can forget about march. April would be very optimistic already imho. May/june more realistic.

1 Like

I am beginning to worry if we’ll get the 8KX within 2020

1 Like

Hopefully we do, or we’ll just have to order the new 4K Valve Axis headset! :rofl:

3 Likes

Any updates on this?

Negative. Zero updates (that I’ve seen anyway)
…and while I do understand that the current health situation is affecting everything, it would be nice with some sort of update. Even if it just says “we have no idea when we can ship, can’t produce anything before things and stuff come from this or that”. Or even “The government says shipping is a no go until the virus situation is stable” (which obviously looks like it’ll take months, best case scenario).

I try to be extra patient this time, but it should be so easy to say something, anything. But once again we’re left to our own guessing.

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/february-17-2020-update/26111

2 Likes

Thx! Don’t know how the hell I missed that one.

1 Like

how come people are getting their 8k plus with the Base stations and valve controllers when it arrived? My 8k plus came in today but still have not received my valve controllers which is order SO10739 and no base stations that ived been waiting for since my first 8k headset back in Falls last year. I can understand…ish about the valve controllers but my base stations??? i thought that my base stations would come with my first 8k headset back than but didnt and than sweviver and Kevin made the announcement that it was coming in a specific date but didn’t and now i’m seeing people getting their 8k plus with the base stations… my 8k plus came but…still no base stations, i’m confused!!! I’m backer 6797 and i backed the 8k headset with the full package so i dont know why i cant ever get my base stations.

3 Likes

You have probably missed most of the latest updates. But start with this:

#1 Full package means Pimax Sword Sense controllers + Valve lighthouses. But the Pimax controllers don’t exist yet… they’re not Valve controllers. You can however “upgrade” to Valve Index controllers for $179 (I know, it’s a slap in the face)

#2 Lighthouse 2.0 basestations won’t ship to full package backers until the controllers are done (optimisticly August)

“Upgrade” programs are here: https://backer.pimaxvr.com/
You’ll find more pain, but also a way out of this hell by giving the kickstarter stretchgoals back to Pimax and recieving a discount in return. It’s also possible to give up the controller fiasco completely and getting those $300 back as a discount towards an 8KX for example)

None of the alternatives are really that great, but atleast it’s a way out if you believe the factories will start producing soon again (Corona shutdown)

Hope this helped you in some way.

1 Like

I understand what you mean and I know the Valve controllers are not the pimax controllers. I bought the valve controllers through their pimax website which was the “controller upgrade plan for pre orders” which it seems like it’s also coming with their own base stations…Not sure. So if the base stations from the kickstarter comes with the sword controllers (which sweviver said that backers will receive their base station in November last year that never happened) well I bought the valve controllers in the pimax store website which seems like it’s coming with the base stations to… Am I not supposed to still get base stations? I bought my controllers a while ago sooooooo…

The whole thing is confusing

1 Like