Pimax 8K plus & 8K X shipping date

I’m currently using a Valve Index which I love. Decided I’ll give Pimax a try since I’ve always wanted a headset with the resolution of an Index but with a wide FOV. Tyriel Wood’s review of the 8K plus is what convinced me to make the purchase. His $50 coupon code didn’t work during checkout though, so I ended up paying full price.

2 Likes

There has been no discussion within the company that I know of about cancelling the sense controllers.

2 Likes

Okay, I guess it was just some speculation because the Sword Sense wasn’t specially mentioned in Pday2+shipping dates.

However, the question about the Sense controllers+basestations bundle shipping date remains, hope you can shed some light on monday…ish.
Lot of backers would like to get the BSses ASAP, even without the controllers, to get the 6dof for sims etc.
Possibility to bundle the BSses + ship together with the backers MAS/other stretchgoals.

3 Likes

When my 5k+ shipped I was deployed to the middle east and never once got a notification. It sat on my porch for a week and was only found by chance by my friend who was watching my house. I had no idea it was even there. The box was soaking wet as it had been raining all week.

Needless to say I was pretty upset, luckily besides cracking, which seems to be a standard feature, I havent had any other issues with the headset.

I’m back in the middle east now and wont be home until March. Here’s hoping pimax actually starts telling people they are shipping so I dont have another situation like what happened earlier this year.

4 Likes

Hi Dan. Thank you for the reply. I also have an Index and love it too. I couldn’t believe the sound and comfort when I first tried it. The Pimax FOV is equally impressive especially with racing games it truly feels like your moving at speed. The pimax requires a little more tinkering than the index. I have great hope the new head strap included with the 8k x and plus will improve the feel and comfort as the original strap is crap (sorry pimax) comfort is a big deal to me. I can’t wait to try the 8k X and plus. I hope you enjoy your new purchase when it arrives. The forum is a good source of help if you require any advice. Might be worth asking Matthew.xu about the discount code. :+1:

3 Likes

i am waiting for that…

That sounds like a nightmare. I’m seriously thinking about cancelling my pre-order and ordering again in January. But then I wouldn’t get advance shipment.

2 Likes

Could you get it sent to a friends house?

1 Like

People hijacked my thread with their own problems and then Pimax addresses those questions but completely ignores mine. Will Pimax even notify me when it’s shipped and provide a tracking number?

@PimaxUSA

5 Likes

Probably not. I never received any notice. When a notice is actually sent, it often arrives days after the package has been delivered. It’s possible that this has improved since my 8K arrived last April, but I wouldn’t count on it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, that happens here. I think I was the most guilty this time. :disappointed: People often jumps in to opportunity when they see Pimax rep answering.

Notification depends on the shipping method and/or company I guess.
Maybe you can contact the Pimax helpdesk maybe they have a solution.

“fun” fact, during the kickstarter shipments a few headsets went indeed missing by the courier company. One user was waiting his headset to arrive, days/weeks later nothing and was sure his parcel had been stolen.
Later checked the compost bin and there it was.

4 Likes

I had forgotten about that. :crazy_face:

Unfortunately, some delivery people are not very careful as to where they leave a package. A couple blocks from my house is another house with the same street number and a similar street name. Stuff gets misdelivered several times a week, sometimes more than once a day.

The postal service is the worst offender, followed by UPS. We’ve never had an issue with FedEx, so it really depends on the carrier, which is why notification and a tracking number are so important.

I hope Pimax can get their act in gear. No one else is paying attention to the enthusiast VR market and the 8KX sounds great, but the company doesn’t inspire confidence.

3 Likes

Several people have asked for an update on a few different threads regarding the latest shipping info on the 8k plus and x.

3 Likes

The fulfillment system both internally and externally are totally different then they were during the kickstarter. In the early days freight forwarders were used a lot and they would send the tracking. Now that is almost entirely internal and automated. The system also tries to simulate the route when it calculates the shipping cost and calculate the time.

The new system has been operating for many thousands of orders in recent months and we’ve optimized it considerably over that time. We also have multiple relationships with shipping providers so our options to get packages to the destination are also much better than before.

12 Likes

Yes when your order ships you will get a tracking number via the email notification system. We’ve invested a lot of time and capital into the new system and it’s been quite good. We will also announce when we are about to begin shipping 8K+ and X a week or two before it begins.

When we made the decision to include the upgraded housings and the MAS for the + it added some time to the production. Now that the MAS is included with the + the internal debate became whether or not to pre-install the MAS on it or ship the MAS separately. A lot of the + parts are in fully tooled test production like the electronics, comfort kit and the new housings.

15 Likes

Thank you for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. I will wait for the shipping announcement.

4 Likes

@PimaxUSA Were the confirmations collected? Can we expect to hear a shipping update on the Plan F controllers/basestations?

2 Likes

Do you have some numbers? Would really be nice to see how the models are eventually selling…

1 Like

Why not ask how much cash they got on their bank accounts hor how much money they make every month lol? There’s no reason why they would publish their sales numbers is there?

2 Likes

Why not companys occasionally show off their sales numbers… :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: