Pimax 5k Super SteamVR Crash

I keep getting a SteamVR Crash that looks like this (My Reddit post that didn’t get much limelight): https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comments/r0tuce/game_freezes_like_this_infinite_repeating_image/
The image goes infinitely up and down. Turning off certain settings changes the image to look like two of the same image, one per eye that slant towards the middle.

Things I’ve Tried
Uninstalling PiTools and all files/folders associated in %appdata%/Roaming Local Low and Local
Uninstalling SteamVR
Running Pimax Roomsetup and then SteamVR Room Setup
Using DDU to uninstall all GPU Drivers and installing fresh
Disabling Windows Power Management over USB Devices
Powered PCIE USB 3.0 Hub
Removed Steam Addons like OVR Toolkit/OVR Advanced Settings

Pimax Settings:
90Hz
Large FOV (Have tried Normal)
Motion Compensation Off
Smart Smoothing Off
Parallel Projections Off (Also tried on)
Hidden Area Mask Off (Very annoying light appears at bottom and top of view)
Compulsive Smooth Off
Render Quality 1.25

SteamVR Settings
SteamVR Render Quality 26%
Motion Smoothing Off
Notifications Off
SteamVR Overlay Off
SteamVR Home Off
System Button Off (Made crashes happen more often)
SteamVR Disabled Power Management

System Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
ROG B550
RTX 3080 Vision (Two Separate PCIE cables for better power delivery)
16GB CL16 Corsair Vengeance RGB
Cooler Master V850

I will post logs on request. Though I don’t know which between vrserver.txt vrmonitor.txt etc. etc.

Update: Bought powered USB hub, will arrive tomorrow. Using small FOV drastically improved symptoms of bad tracking and visual bugs. Thinking higher FOVs draw more USB power than motherboard can supply.

1 Like

Hi ClassyKM:
If you couldn’t resolve the issue by tips provided from the community., you may need to submit a ticket to our helpdesk.
Our technician is ready to provide assistance to you.

Sincerely.

2 Likes

What version of Pitool /Firmware are you on. Have you tried a different version (manual flash) ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.