Pimax 5K Super. How is it?

Hi! Did someone get a unit? How ist it? How does it compare to the 5k+
It says on the website it is on Sale. Does that mean it is cheaper right now then later? If so what’s the final price?
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think “on sale” means it’s available to buy. Generally if something is at a discount they’ll show the before and after price to entice people.

I just received one today and it’s my first Pimax HMD so I can’t compare it to the other Pimax headsets. I’m currently GPU bottlenecked so I can’t give a full honest review. I can comment that it looks pretty sharp for being a 1440p panel (compared to my Oculus Quest 1) because it’s rgb stripe vs pentile matrix. However, being stripe layout means that aliasing tends to be a little more distracting. If you’re used to other Pimax’s then it probably won’t be any different for you, but for me I’ve only even used pentile displays so it was a little shocking. However, I’m loving the increase in FOV.

I’m currently having an issue where I can only choose Wide FOV with the 90Hz options, the product page claims that I should be able to use 200deg FOV on the 120Hz setting as well but my only options are:

90 Hz: Wide, Normal, Small
120-160Hz: Normal, Small
180 Hz: Small

I feel like the display looks sharper at 160Hz which is interesting. Perhaps because it reducing blurring from micro head movements. Again, I can’t give a full honest review because I’m severely GPU bottlenecked.