Pimax 5K plus or Pimax 8K plus, ruling out KX as a Simracer, is that wrong

Well, that’s not what You said:

Each image is still refreshed at 144Hz with Smart Smoothing enabled. It’s just that half of the frames are synthetic meaning the game engine actually only produces 72FPS.

You could ask some of the “seasoned” sim-racers like @Yata_PL about Smart Smoothing and if it introduces “lag” :wink:

1 Like

Calm down Doc, thanks for your input and suggestions, I also said above I cant help which bits you choose to read in isolation.

1 Like

I am calm… :wink:

I wouldn’t know about the input lag on an 8K+ as I don’t have one, but maybe someone else can chime in :slight_smile:

I think I understand now and I would think that there would be input lag due to the upscaler, but if it’s noticeable is another thing. Guess we need someone with an 8K+ to answer that :wink:

1 Like

No lag Sir ! 144/72 is very verrry good…
Edit : I heard about ghosting issue in 8k+ panels but 5k+ is another story…

2 Likes

Not exactly. It is not like each frame is simply displayed twice. The missing (intermediate) frames are being calculated (predicted). Of course it is not perfect and brigns some artifacts to play but it is more fluent than simple 72fps on 144Hz (duplicating frames).

1 Like

"This is the first time Richo_65 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!"

The use of plural pronoun makes the sentence look like a grammar mistake - why can’t it just say him/her?

Which one is better overall. I’ve seen the consensus be that the Artisan is an upgrade to the 5k. Less distortion better build quality and colors. Just got the Artisan but can return it and get a used 5k. Whats your experience be

I sold the Artisan and kept my 5K+.
I prefer the sde (little dots) of the 5k+ Vs. the Artisan one (longer dots)
The colors are similar, maybe a little warmer on the Artisan, and the blacks are a bit better on the Artisan.
With the 5K+ you have 144Hz, and 140 / 160 fov, with Artisan 120Hz and 130 fov only.
About distortion, initially I thought it was better on the Artisan, but then I added the comfort kit to the 5K+ and it was pretty much the same.
It’s up to your preferences, I didn’t like the Artisan SDE so I sold it. (The difference is not huge though)

Gosh , I just got my Artisan and finally dialed it in and just wowed by it compared to Rift S.

So torn. 144hz is not necessarily a concern for me based not wanting to upgrade my graphics card.

In any event even at 120hz Im really not seeing the real world wow factor so many people talked about with the Index. Was there any difference in that regard in your opinion?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.