Pimax 5K+ only seems to be tracking one of two base stations (solved)

So I finally received my backers box including two base stations, and everything is working fine with one exception: The headset only seems to be tracking one of two base stations.

I have placed the two base stations in two top corners of my room and angled them downwards, so placement should be no problem. The white light is on in both base stations, they look like they are working fine.
But SteamVR only shows one base station tracking, in setup it shows only the one nearest to the headset.
I tested the setup in a game, tracking worked OK, but when I turned around to look in the opposite direction, the headset blacked out for a couple of second, and then came back on.
Afterward I checked in SteamVR, and now the headset was tracking the second base station.
The first one didn’t show up any more.
So it looks like the base stations are tracking OK, but the headset can only track one of them at a time.
I’ve tried to look for info on this problem, but its a bit confusing, it seems a lot of instructions are for Base station 1.0.

In some places it says that you have to make sure the base stations are not running on the same channel. But as far as I can find out, with Base station 2.0 not setup should be neccessary, you just postion them, turn them on, and everything should work out automatically.

So my question is, does anybody know how to solve this problem with Base station 2.0?

hi Sikjar
If you need any technical support, please contact customer service and submit a ticket they will do that for you.

:wink:

2 Likes

They are most likely set to the same channel (mine were). Just switch one to another, using the pin hole on the back.

4 Likes

You are right that solved the problem, thank you.

3 Likes

Yup mine were both trying to track as channel 1, press pin on one and it set to channel 2 and both now working properly, at least from the looks of it.

Old bases were easier, at least you could tell from looking if they were set to a b or c.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.