PE not showing in headset. Only astro field (backdrop) and blue line

PE not working. On monitor mouse jumps to center and locks when pe initiated. On 8KX the Astro field shows with blue line no dashboard. Controller shows but no results. Something I’ve done wrong?
Tried both methods. replacing files in 264 and direct with 038.
264 works normally without PE engaged.(i9 9900k, 2080ti, 56 gb evo m.2)

Doesn’t seem like the right place to post this… :upside_down_face:

@Heliosurge: I can’t split the thread. Will You, please… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you can give me post numbers and heading can move it

1 Like

Three and down… :wink:

Just make a new thread under https://community.openmr.ai/c/PEXPBeta/PEBetaBug/65

There’s already lots of reports on this issue in this thread but they don’t have a seperate thread:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-open-beta-0-50-releasing-now/31649

You could call it: “PE not showing in headset. Only astro field (backdrop) and blue line.”

I think the backgrounds are called backdrops, right?

2 Likes

Complete as requested. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
Just wanted to add that I’m also having this issue on my 5k+
I tried 0.50 beta and 0.40 (although no blue line in this one).
I get the controllers and I can recenter view but that’s it.

1 Like

Same here. Installed 2.084 and .50 and saw the vr menu. Next time I started the PC, I saw the blue laser line going out into infinity.
Both index controllers were visible and showed the recenter directions. Clicking the controller trigger switched a black pointer line coming from the controller that was clicked.
Recentering just changed the location of the blue line.
I removed and reinstalled pitool several times with no improvement.
I saw the other related post that said to “completely” delete the 5 or so pi folders manually. I did that and reinstalled and I finally have it working again.
I can’t find the other post anymore but I believe these are the folders to delete.

C:\Program Files\Pimax
C:\Users\uwehale\AppData\Local\Pimax
C:\Users\uwehale\AppData\Local\PiTool
C:\Users\uwehale\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax
C:\Users\uwehale\AppData\Roaming\PiTool

2 Likes

Would powering on the headset while it’s on top of your head reposition the menu into your view?

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the issue, but if that’s the issue the view can be re-centered by clicking:

• 3rd mouse button (wheel)
  • thumbstick on the Index Controller
  • right pad on Steam Controller
1 Like

Unfortunately, just tried it and didn’t work, maybe I forgot one…just managed to lose my settings :sweat_smile:
I’ll try to find the original thread.

I can reposition the view with my controller, but it’s not doing anything.

We are still fighting this issue which seems to be very rare case (only affects maybe 1 out of 20 PCs) and most likely caused by 3rd party applications or windows UAC. Please have some more patience while we try to solve this… Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks Martin. Some additional information: when activated, mouse cursor jumps to center screen and locks. Latest windows update and nvidia driver plus bios installed.