Paying to much for a crystal and not using its controllers or AIO

um heres an idea to cut the price and weight down , why dosnt pimax go and sell the crystal without the AIO feature and controllers for those like me that will run it native to there PC that already have light houses and controllers , but as of now i will have to pay for hmd and add 200 to add the light house mask plate just to use my light houses , that will be heavier and more expensive for things im not even going to use from it , how dumb is that

3 Likes

This is the feature we committed to delivering at the Crystal launch. Some users may specifically prefer the headset to operate exclusively in PCVR mode, paired with Index Knuckles and base stations. This is precisely why we developed the Lighthouse faceplate, allowing you to seamlessly switch between PCVR and AIO modes on a single device.

1 Like

I guess an headset with no AIO at all, no controller, and native Lighthouse would be in high demand

Redundancy is currently the thing that keeps me away from Crystal on the most

1 Like

ok thanks for the feed back , your pretty much saying what we all already know , but my question is will there be a crystal with just a light house plate with no controllers or aio in the future , cause as of now you have the native pcvr guys paying for excesive weight and contollers that will never use , costing more then what we’d like to pay , and then if we want to use our light houses we must buy that plate after costing even more when were already paying for stuff we wont need , how does that makes sense for the pcvr guys

2 Likes

agreed yeh im having a hard time pulling the trigger on it cause of the weight and controllers we dont need that adds up to the cost

2 Likes

As for weight the LH faceplate replaces the existing faceplate so it’s a swap. No real weight diff.

It has been asked here for a version with just the LH plate and no bundled controllers but whether that will happen is anyone’s guess.
It’s nice it’s modular but not if you have to buy modules you won’t use.

3 Likes