Path Of The Warrior to dark on Pimax 5k+

Path of the Warrior is an Oculus exclusive game but it works flawless with revive BUT but not with Pimax 5k+. The hmd displays the game so dark its nearly impossible to see. Even with contrast and brightness all the way up its still to dark. Never had this issue with a game before. On the desktop mirror the brightness is completely finde and other said on Index, Vive ect everything is working propperly with revive.

On Pimax

How it should be:

3 Likes

damn pimax those black levels!

other than that how’s the game. Ive joked about what final fight would be like in vr , but after seeing this i think it should be possible if the fighting mechancics are varied and tight.

Sairento does it really well to channel games like shinobi. Which i orinally didn’t think was possible. but i love jumping and back flipping in that game.

How come weve never seen a hand to hand combat game in vr where you do kung fu and have to parry and block with your arms…?

does this game have that?

2 Likes

Closest ive seen was Kungfucious.

It is on Itch.io if you want to give it a try
Kungfucious - VR Wuxia Kung Fu Simulator by Gattai Games

1 Like

I switched back to my vive and the brightness levels were perfect and as intendet. The problems I had with my 5k+ the constant struggle that something need to be new adjusted, piservice only starts when it wants to, wrong heights with games through pitool and the latest thing pimax as a company have done… Nah…I will stick with the Vive until I get the Index. I’m just tired of Pimax…the hmd and the company. It was an interesting year but…no.

2 Likes

It’s alright but I found it a bit too repetitive… Definitely channels the old school brawlers though, so if that’s what you are looking for it should be fun! I haven’t covered it yet in my 5K+ but I did put out a video for launch day using my Quest… Sorry for the constant guardian pop ins for anyone who might want to watch it… I forgot to turn it off and honestly jut didn’t feel like re-recording this!

1 Like

see my above post … did you play potw on your channel? are you planning to?

1 Like

i bought it. it feels like out might be a good show off title at parties

2 Likes

Yeah I could see that… I am actually gonna be taking my Quest to a party soon so I might have to fire this one up! [;]-)

Yeah I just tried it in my 5K+ directly from Pitool and got the same result… Tried to get it to be brighter but no go… Hopefully it as well as a few other titles like Stormland will work with the next Pitool update!

Unfortunately not, wish I could but I have to buy/borrow most the games that I test on my channel atm :frowning:

take advantage of that refund policy. (EDIT: How do you borrow a VR game) you mean steam family sharing?

Yes I could do that but I am not sure we can use this often…
Anyways yes, with steam family sharing.

1 Like

maybe post here and start a pimax family. :thinking:

1 Like