Parallel projection doesn’t work

Hi everybody!

I have upgraded the 8Kx to .299 firmware and now I have no parallel projection. I can activate it in the menu, but it doesn’t work on the glasses. It also does not change the color of the led to purple.

Anybody with the same issue?

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxVR is that normal?

Thanks

1 Like

Anybody knows what can be the problem?? Thanks!

1 Like

No, I haven’t seen that. I usually leave PP on, since most of the games I play require it. And, no, it’s not normal. I’m currently running PiTool 1.0.1.272 and FW 2.1.255.299. When I (just now) turned on the headset and it’s in PP mode (LED is purple and chevron is flashing green). I will note that the headset sometimes reports it is disconnected. I’ve found that reinstalling PiTool (same version) fixes the issue (at least for a while). Also, if that happens, be sure to re-enable the headset in SteamVR, when prompted.

I’m not sure what you’ve tried so far, so skip any of these steps that you’ve already tried. Honestly, I’m not sure what might be wrong, so I’ve iterated over everything that I’d try, if I were in your situation.

I’m assuming you have an 8KX like I do.

First, I’d try rebooting the headset (in PiTool), if that doesn’t fix it, restart the Pimax Service (also in PiTool). If that doesn’t fix it, try rebooting your PC. If that fails, try reflashing with the .299 firmware; if that fails, reboot your PC. If that fails, flash with .298 and if that fails, try rebooting your PC.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hello,

You can try the suggested methods by @neal_white_iii
If the PP still didn’t show up, we recommend you to create a service ticket with our tech support. Allows them to provide proper diagnostic and solutions.

Regards.

1 Like

Hahaha I will try everything!! Thanks for the tips, hope one works at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @PimaxQuorra, I hope it works. Is it possible to use .298 firmware with latest pitool?

1 Like

Hello,

Yes, you can do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.