Overreacting to Reactions Discussion

Djonko believes it is his place to teach people lessons… via toxic, retaliatory behavior.

What an upstanding member of the community.

1 Like

I do indeed. You’re new here, I was hoping you’d get the message but it seems you still think it’s a good way of ‘communicating’ on a forum by giving thumbs down on posts without explaining them, so without giving the poster any chance to talk about it or even explain why you think it’s such a bad post. Just don’t do that. If you disagree with a post, just say so, so you can talk about it. Don’t just give thumbs down or even poop symbols to posts and then run away, it’s extremely childish.

Djonko has called me childish twice. I always thought people should refrain from insults on this forum.

Can we at least start taking conversations like these to private messages? There’s no need for them to be public like this. I have been hoping to get an official answer here on the FOV and it has been utterly derailed. Going to make a new thread a bit later today compiling some of the info and try to get a response there.

Also, this isn’t directed at anyone in particular, if you find yourself getting into arguments on here regularly (myself included) then there is likely some reflection to be done as it’s rarely a one-sided affair. If you find that you’re the person that that is involved in most of these big blow ups over the last bit, then again, there is reflection to be done and adjustments to be made.

If you can’t let things go then that’s fine but please take it to the DMs so that threads don’t get completely derailed. I love things being railed. Being railed is wondering. Please don’t derail. Thanks. (rail)

2 Likes

I agree about putting that other stuff in PM’s, not sure why @TheDaoOfSalt is posting all this here, just send complaints to me or else @heliosurge directly. But you know as well as me that that answer from Pimax will never come. They never explained it before, it was brought up I think every time they released a headset. But they never answered. So I’d be really surprised if they’d do now.

it will become one big ‘poop fest’ for sure, I don’t think that’s a good thing but oh well.

1 Like

Then I ask people not to act like this is reddit and mimic those terrible behaviours here. Nothing wrong with a :-1: anymore than a :heart: or :+1:

Unlike reddit this doesn’t remove or add votes. it simply gives a method for a person to see how ppl are seeing there post. 10 thumbs down let a user know there post is not having the effect they intended if they only have a single like or thumbs up or vice versa.

If you don’t need validation for a like you don’t need validation on the other reactions available. If you really wanted an explanation you could have sent a polite dm or public post asking the reactor why they chose the reaction they did. Instead if making yourself look petty.

2 Likes

Ok, point taken, pooping posts is the way to go. Thanks for clarifying.

There should be some good news to discuss tonight, but I think it will deserve its own thread. (Referring to the youtuber with a crystal that will be doing impressions tonight, I think there are 2 on that channel actually so if it’s impressions from both then even more worthwhile).

2 Likes

Guys, give it a break will you.

@Dao: the issue with giving thumbs down is - this is actually rarely done here, I had to read twice to see that you really said thumbs down. I have seen a poop symbol given once in the years on this forum, I won’t mention who it was (not Djonko).

So over here the custom is to rather give positive enforcement or respond in a post, if one doesn’t like the post of somebody else. This is also part of internet etiquette - to check out how the community interacts which you just joined. :upside_down_face:

@Djonko: I know how tempting it is to respond time and again to posts where you feel you need to put it right, but when it becomes too circular it makes sense to let it go. I know I can get caught in this kind of activity too… but it is a waste of time.

As to Pimax: just let them do their thing, that will give us sufficient points of discussion over the coming months.

4 Likes

Thanks @Axacuatl now that’s how an impartial moderator should have reacted.

The moderator says this is how we should behave on this forum. He runs the show

Well no the Retort plugin is end of life so it will be removed soon and you will have to use what is available in the Reactions plugin.

Not at all. I fully appreciate @Axacuatl wisdom and attempts to help community members like yourself.

But you said thumbs down is the same as thumbs up. I give likes all the time to posts I like, so should now also give thumbs down all the time to posts I don’t like, that’s what you’re saying. Just adapting to the Pimax forum etiquette.

I do see you removed the ‘poop’ symbol which I think is a good move. I’d personally say, let’s keep it civil and positive here, discussion can be tense, but no insults, nor thumbs down (I liked what youtube did). But hey you’re the boss and you lay out the rules.

1 Like

Yeah I generally don’t think it’s good when people start insulting on forums. But here it’s ok, just make sure you’re insulting someone whose opinion does not align with Pimax, then @heliosurge will refuse to say anything about it. And thumbs down is the same thing as thumbs up.

It is amazing how at times you choose to manipulate what is said to suite what you want it to say.

I clearly stated that you do not need to have someone respond to you clarifying why you were given a a thumbs down. If you wanted to know you could ask them in a polite dm or politely in public. The thumbs up or down here is more similar to Youtube’s. It simply gives one an idea on whether the community overal finds a post of value or not.

If your not stressing over likes you need not stress about any of the other reactions.

For example you have chosen to dislike my responses to you on this subject. If your the only one to dislike post A while I have 10 likes; then the post likes weight against dislikes speaks for itself.

Now I consider this subject as MODERATOR closed. If you would like to more clarification send me a DM. I really do not want to have use Moderator tools unless absolutely necessary.

I removed the Retort plugin as stated it is end of life and could break the forum as no updates for it. You like everyone can now only react using the like button.

Please go back on topic; Your being very disrespectful to @Atmos topic.

4 Likes

Your right you shouldn’t have taken aims to break the rules yourself by making that discussion personal. Which is against the rules so are suggesting I should take unfortunate actions against both partied that clearly broke the ruled?

As stated do not continue this here take it to dm.

1 Like

Sorry Helio. I understand your point. However, I don’t honestly think removing reactions will do anything to solve it.

People shouldn’t be limited by their ways of expressing themselves. Reactions allow to do that in such a way to indicate some opinion about a topic without necessarily having the need to go into some long-winded ‘potential’ rant or wall of text about the topic.

If people have something further to say on the point, they can follow up with ‘hopefully’ well chosen words.

1 Like

@Djonko

Thanks @Axacuatl now that’s how an impartial moderator should have reacted.

Excuse me here, but I don’t see how this statement from you above is going to be all that helpful.

I suggest that if you have issues with the moderation of these forums, that you take it up offline with the moderators.

Some things are better left unsaid. Personally I just feel this is one of them.

1 Like