Ordered a new 8kx?

I did uninstall steam and steam vr as one of my first attempt at fixing my issue. It didn’t help. I fly IL 2, and yes, there is a key to centre the pilots head etc. That works for the aircraft you are presently flting, but change a mission or change aircraft, and I’m back outside the aircraft. There’s no way I want to fly IL 2 without a full VR eperience, so I’m going to uninstall and reinstall everything. That includes my Windows 10. My base station is a vive 1.0. I’m in Canada, and the least expensive new Vive 1.0 is over $200.00. Maybe if I had 2 base stations it would work? Wishful thinking? I’m still looking for help from fellow forum members. Thank you again for any and all info. Take care everbody…

1 Like

I did the whole uninstall and reinstall etc., and guess what? No fix. My 8kx is the brand new with 2076 serial number. Is it possible the firmware I have loaded is causing my issue? Maybe a Pimax rep can respond here? I cannot think of anything else I could try. I started from total scratch. Reps please? Anybody? Thanks all take care…

1 Like

Hello Eddie,

I would suggest filing a ticket with our support, they are ready to provide assistance such as perform thorough troubleshooting, remote session and etc to address your issue.

I highly doubt the 2 lighthouses will address this problem, it shouldn’t relate to this.

A debug firmware or replacement unit might works.

1 Like

Maybe, but it shouldn’t be necessary. I’ve played Elite D and even Half-Life: Alex with a single v1 base station. It’s been ages, but iirc, I only ran the PiTool room setup (and didn’t run the SteamVR version at all).

I wonder if this is a specific issue with IL 2?

1 Like

I give up! I have tried absolutely everything tring to get a proper ans stable rom setup. I could send this unit back for an RMA etc. If I did that, I would have to pay shipping both ways, and I won’t know if I will get the 2076 revision. I might as well wait for Crystal. The FOV in the new HMD worries me a bit. There’s no way I can fly my IL 2 looking through a scuba mask, or the binocular view. Doesn’t seem like 140 FOV is enough. We shall soon see. Thanks for all the help fellow members. take care…Eddie.

if your exchanging a 2076 you should receive that version as it is the newer version.

Of you have an option to try on someone else’s setup might be an idea.

I also have been usingba single LH to play BS and Alyx. While there are some issues with Alyx and such here and there it has been reasonable.

2076 isn’t guaranteed when ordering from Amazon. There are more than a few buyers of a “new” 8kx that was a 2075 version. I have had a few orders from Amazon that were delivered without everything that was supposed to be in the box. If Pimax made the exchange for me, only then will I do it. There’s still time for me to play around with room settings etc. before the Crystal is available. I won’t lose money by making that upgrade. I still can’t believe they lowered the FOV. The one primary selling factor of Pimax, is the 200 degree FOV. Why did they go backwards on the Crystal? Oh well. I really appreciate your help here Heliosurge. Much appreciation to the Pimax reps. I’ll keep playing with steam and Pitool. Who knows? I might get lucky. Thanks again all take care…Eddie.

Then they choose the wrong sku. If you order an 8kX Dmas you will receive 2076. The other is labeled 8kX Kdmas which is the 2075 model.

The Pimax Amazon Store is pimax channel.

With IL2 you can assign a joystick button to re- center your position in the cockpit.
The default key is numeric keypad 5.
Here’s what I do:

1.When looking at the mission screen, I press recenter.
2. Once in the game, I ‘fine tune’ it by leaning forward or back and slightly left or right and resetting.
3. It works backwards for me. To get closer in the cockpit I push further away in my chair befor hitting recenter. To get further back from the panel, I push closer in my chair. It’s backwards for each adjustment. Up for down, left for right etc. normally I only do this at the beginning of a play session. But I often fine tune during play.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.