Nvidia 30xx Series VR Benchmarks Discussion

3090 asus tuf :grinning:

2 Likes

well, even a good air-cooled TI OC, from Asys or MSI, is almost 20% faster than the TI Founders. It doesn’t always have to be water. :wink:
The point is that these measurements encourage owners of the 2080ti to buy a 3080. Which is complete nonsense.

1 Like

The 3080 and 3090s seem ideal for the 8kX just as the 2080ti was for the 5K+ and 8K+.

2 Likes

It was only “ideal” because there wasn’t anything better (besides the Titan RTX of course)… :wink:

I always felt I needed more GPU power to make the 5K+ shine in some games (mostly the ones which are known to be hard to drive like PC2 and FO4VR etc.)… :upside_down_face:

In this case: More = Better. Period… :lying_face:

2 Likes

True, but for the most part it ran a large majority of games pretty well.

2 Likes

Yes, I do have a very good air cooler for the CPU and well ventilated case, no water cooler and my OC2080ti beats all the average 3080 VR benchmark when I tested it.
So I don’t have big regrets to have bought it this summer.
for a 5k+ it does the job.
now, the only reason to spend a lot of money on an upgrade is because of very badly optimised games, while some other games are giving a lot of FPS with the previous GPU gen.
That’s a bummer.

2 Likes

By the way, does somebody can recommend me a free VR benchmark with which one I can compare to other GPUs Benchmarks (3080s and so on).

Thanks a lot!

Sensible benchmark results. Approximately 60% gains in GPU latency as I would expect.

I am not surprised that for some room scale games at very high supersampling this is the difference between single and double frame latency (not needing Smart Smoothing). DCS World, as I expected, still doesn’t get there, though there are some situations (running lower supersampling for intense scenarios) in which it still might be a useful difference (improving the visual quality attainable at single-frame latency).

More interesting is the difference this makes for Elite Dangerous. Since that is staying around after all, and it is absolutely beautifully clear with the 8kX, this could be the GPU to have for that use case.

3 Likes

i’ve been thinking about it, and if i had a $k budget right now , I think i’d spring for a yaw VR or DofReality before a 3090.

Just to check that off my bucketlist.

3 Likes

Indeed tbh the Yaw is actually seeminly more impressive it seems than the first look and it isn’t a space hog. :laughing:

3 Likes

No, because FPSVR is not only cheap, it’s frame latency statistics and graphs are the only accurate tool for this.

1 Like

Very interesting video. By the respected AdoredTV. I knew this (or suspected at least) that something fishy was going on around the marketing of the 3090.

But it’s NOT a Titan. Its basically a 3080 Ti priced as a Titan. Nvidia is ripping us off again.
Based on performance history this card should be tops $300 More not double.

4 Likes

well, titans used to be replaced with ti’s after half to a full year at the same performance, slightly less ram (pascal at least) and lower price. so ti used to be titan performance. just not the first out of the door.

edit: for some generations.

2 Likes

YEs but if you see the part where linus tested the 3090 against the Titan it loses badly.

Apparently the professional drivers that Titans are known for for professional applications arent there so it’s really is a 3080Ti just priced like a titan.

of course you could also argue that last years 2080Ti was priced like a Titan so…

3 Likes

well my titans was priced at 1200 so i’d absolutely argue that the 2080ti was priced as a titan :wink:

4 Likes

IIRC they usually disabled some of the titan features. But yeah a fairly common practise. I remember unlocking cores on Amd processors making dual and triple core cpus in to Quads.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.