Nostalgia Overload - Playing 1976 Back To Midway VR In The Pimax 8KX And Yaw Motion Simulator

Over the years I have seen a lot of VR recreations of some of my favorite classic games and arcade favorites but I have to say that 1976 Back To midway nailed it! the nostalgia factor was off the charts in this one and I have to hand it to Ivanovich Games for doing an outstanding job of taking an all-time arcade favorite from back in the day and breathing new life into it using Virtual Reality.

Overall no matter whether you played the old arcade game you will love this VR experience. there is a great mixture of gameplay styles here with some being the classic arcade look where the player is shown sitting in a simulator and playing the game on a floating arcade screen that has 3D elements to it. Then all of a sudden the game drops into these immersion zones where it becomes a full 3D cockpit and has the player actually flying the aircraft! This was an amazing transition and completely caught me off guard the first time it happened. I really liked the way that 1976 Back to midway seamlessly blended the 2D and 3D gameplay.

The icing on the cake is that the Yaw VR personal motion simulator had just added a motion profile for this game and although it didn’t have me completely spinning around I will say that even the small amount of added motion absolutely added to the immersion of the game… even when in the 2D modes! Playing 1976 Back To Midway in the wide FOV and high Resolution of the Pimax 8KX headset coupled with the motion from the Yaw VR definitely makes me feel like I am getting a premium arcade experience that I would expect from a high end amusement park ride!

I would for sure recommend anyone with a compatible VR headset to check this one out! I will leave a link to the game as well as any ot the other hardware shown in this video below so if interested in more information or to make a purchase please make sure to use those links as this helps me out a bit! [;]-)

1976 Back To Midway on Steam:

Yaw VR Personal Motion Simulator:

Pimax 8KX:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.