No Pressure Pimax (and SweViver) but I'm taking your word that the X is going to be good!

But this is only if you purchase in EU. If you buy from say USA (like amazon.com) you still get only what they offer, usually 1 year.

In case of Pimax we buy from China so 2 years do not apply I think. However, if you buy it from something like amazon.de, then 2 years should apply (and it is one of the reasons why price is higher). Not sure how Pimax would deal with this situation.

Check the link I posted above. It is not about where you buy it, but where you sell it. If you sell the goods into EU, you are bound by this law.

EDIT: You probably will not succeed in claiming a 2-year warranty from some local shop in the US which sold you something through Amazon, but I believe you might get the warranty from Amazon, if it was sold by Amazon.

This is the reason why for example Valve has the clause about it in its “Limited Warranty” policy.

1 Like

No, only if the shop itself is in EU as far as I understand it. To cite from that webpage you posted:

“If you’re not sure which situation applies to you, you can also try our consumer rights tool to help you understand your rights when you shop in the EU(In this case, the 28 EU member states + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).”

It clearly states that it applies only if you shop in EU. If you buy from China or from USA, you do not shop in EU, you only have EU delivery.

1 Like

Could you provide a link to this quote? I cannot find it on “my page”.

On the page you posted, at the bottom “See main information on this topic” click link “Guarantees and returns”.

The link is:

EDIT:
Also if you check FAQ there it is stated again:
" It is valid for two years and covers products bought anywhere in the EU(In this case, the 28 EU member states + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)."

2 Likes

Thanks. I did check the “tool” at (Your rights when shopping in the EU - Your Europe), by selecting “No - I bought them outside”, and got this:

EU consumer rules cover goods and services that have been bought in the EU. However, if you buy from a non-EU online trader who has specifically targeted EU consumers you should also be covered by EU rules, but you may find it difficult to assert your rights with a trader who is based outside the EU.

So I guess I was wrong about assuming that it applies to anyone selling to the EU, it seems to need a “non-EU online trader who is specifically targeting EU consumers”. I assume Pimax could be “specifically targeting EU consumers”, if, for example, they were charging them in euros, which they do not.

This also explains, why Valve has to follow that law.

1 Like

I’d like to order the 8kX but I have to know if a 2m extension or eventually wireless will work on it at the very least in upscaler mode or perhaps reduced fov native mode. That is the only thing keeping me from purchasing a headset and a few others that I know are waiting to know the answer to this.

We don’t want to hear “we are looking into it, go ahead and order” we need confirmation that one or both of these methods can work (cable extension or wireless in these reduced bandwidth need scenarios).

3 Likes