No Pressure Pimax (and SweViver) but I'm taking your word that the X is going to be good!

Just spent last years saved up 50th birthday present and this years Christmas and birthday presents on an 8KX and can’t wait.

Thanks again to everyone at Pimax for bringing the technology forward to this point.

18 Likes

Refreshing post this.

And I agree, I am very excited for the X and I Believe it’s going to be an absolute winner

8 Likes

Im also very exited about the 8kX! Put aside a small amount every month this year to save for it and now i could just ordered one :yum:
After seeing the reverb’s insane clarity and resolution and understanding it is the same or better, with wide FOV i can imagine how nice it will be. It will be ahead of the competition at this pricepoint for quite some time
Also pimax deciding to use the ruggedised housing at no extra cost helped me to make this decision to go for it.

4 Likes

Same here, looking forward to my 8KX!

I’d just like the tax issue addressed in some way as I was charged 132.31 VAT.

And the issue with the “deluxe” headphones not selectable during the first day (which led me to believe I had ordered plan A with the headphones).

By the way, do you guys know how to get in contact to the sales section? is “ecommerce” answering at all, or is it only via helpdesk?

4 Likes

Me too, though I’m still hesitating as there’s a few unanswered questions.

6 Likes

Also went and got it - 8K X - Controllers and Basestations are (coming) from Valve now so finally it comes together :wink:

6 Likes

Here is your glass of Lagavulin, here is your cigar. The seat over there grants a fantastic view on the premises, enjoy yourself :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I bought it as well and i hope it has good warranty. Anyone knows any details about the warranty?

2 Likes

It was answered elsewhere. 1 year… :thinking:

4 Likes

Only 1 year? Are you sure about that?

2 Likes

It’s the flagship device and includes every improvement we’ve made and more.

4 Likes

Yes, unless it’s different from the other devices:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/question-on-warranty/22931/2?u=drwilken

@PimaxUSA might be able to answer that question?

4 Likes

Now your back could u comment on the tax issues please? I and others were charged $130 plus dollars on check out. I also had no option on the deluxe head strap which I would have definitely preferred and ordered. Thank you.

1 Like

Cant wait to hear all your reactions. Im excited for the news and gritty details from all that have taken the plunge. Hope you receive them soon enough that others can still have time to purchase before the end of the year. All seems kind of rushed after all the waiting.

4 Likes

All headset are warranty for 1 year after-sales service after you received it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Some people say due to EU laws it must have a minimum 2 years warranty, I don’t know if true or not, but maybe worth mentioning to the team + investigating in order to avoid potential problems with the EU.

Edit. I quickle read about consumer protection, it seems that claim is a hoax.

2 Likes

The first two paragraphs:

1 Like

Weird thing risa2000 I just read a Finnish consumer protection and it seems that by law the warranty is not required at ALL.

Anyway, gtg work.

1 Like

This is also mentioned in the specific Finnish page: (Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe)

The point is is that the local law stacks up upon the European low in this matter, so while your local law apparently does not care, you can still apply the European clause (if you want) and you will be correct. It is all explained on the original page I posted.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for clearing that up

2 Likes