New video on the pimax from Linus

Just uploaded, havent watched myself

17 Likes

Lol, he says he wants to see 120hz before resolution improvements to be important.

3 Likes

Linus says he actually tried to avoid any eye contact with pimax.
Great job to hoever noticed Linus and pulled him into the booth.

7 Likes

He’s tripping, at least he likes it now, Pimax have come a long way the past 12 months.

10 Likes

This one was much better. I think this is a net positive review for pimax.

10 Likes

I think that is likely to be drama and hyperbole more than anything - I mean just look at the title of the video. He has a habit of changing hyperbole video titles after a few days. At least the takeaway is he acknowledges the improvements and now wants or seems excited for a review unit. That’s great news.

8 Likes

Wow, what a change since the last video. He says that his opinion changed from dislike to actually wanting one.

Congrats pimax. I think that this linus guy youtuber was one of the Toughest to convince. Yes, VERY good job to the person that spotted him and pulled him in.

9 Likes

Defo - he even says “I would love to have a review unit”

He also said the 5K+ was the one and was not impressed by the 8K, says he saw some artifacts.

7 Likes

We need to see a re-evaluation from TESTED…

8 Likes

Glad a new vid is out in a positive light because that old one of his keeps getting recommended by youtube to everyone

5 Likes

Has anyone else mentioned the artifacts? I haven’t heard too much of that before.

2 Likes

Assume it’s the ‘wobble’ or ‘moving world’ issue people have been talking about?

3 Likes

Oh right I have heard people say that. but more so for 5k or both. rather than only 8k?
Really not sure man.

2 Likes

I don’t know but it seems most complaints are with the 8k, makes me question my decision to stick with it. It is Pimax’s flagship headset afterall right? :joy:

Oh well I am locked in now anyway, so just hope this special firmware update solves the issue.

6 Likes

I think the 8K has more issues than the 5K+ but might not be big problem and also more solved later on while they keep working on the drivers

2 Likes

There’s tons of stuff that still needs to be done software wise. Question is how long it’s going to take, as they don’t seem to have a lot of coders atm… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Suggesting that VR should go 120 or even 160 FPS first before improving the resolution is insane. Then you‘d be stuck with og Vive picture quality for another 5 years (if not for fov.rend.) while 98% of the users won‘t even notice the difference to 90 FPS. He needs to separate his issues from general issues…

11 Likes

Ofc Linus had to think at another bs just to not say “Pimax is awesome now”. He is still stuck into that stupid flat monitor gamning at 144hz. He clearely does not understand how VR really works.

9 Likes

True, it must have been hard to admit after his privious bashing at the pimax that it now was actually a very good promising and reccomandable product. He makes a whole spin of reasons on why he turned his opinion 180 degrees.

2 Likes

I think that’s actually a really good assessment. He seems to be looking at VR with 2d eyes not seeing the requirements in VR that are different.

To explain to him it would be more like. Do you want 1080p 60fps or 480p 120+fps
I think everyone would pick the same thing there.

4 Likes