New Suggestions for PE

@SweViver Hello and thank you for your amazing work with PE.

Some suggestions :

1 - The Desktop view (with multi monitor) like SteamVr dashboard ( with selection screen 1 or 2 or 3). Because very often we need to see : what is going on on this “mother freakin” pc :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, why my game not launch ? and everytime put out the headset to clik some stupid windows notification :sweat_smile:

2 - Access to plugin : fpsVR, OVR, Vrocker (this app rocks ! haha)or others

3 - Possible “Random” choose in “sort by”

4 - access/switch to steamvr dashboard to have access to plugins options, if not possible to put the plugin directly on PE. i would like to deactivate acces to steamvr dashboard when i turn on my controlers, but for the moment i need steamvr dashboard for desktop view or plugins.

5 - possibility to recalibrate floor

6 - Somes possibilities for roomscale guardian.

i think some of this are already in the book :wink:

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions mate!

Hmm this sounds like something we should be able to fix. We really struggled getting the window/fullscreen handler to work because of the way PiTool launches PE, but I think we should be able to add ability to chose monitor, let me check!

Hmm, how do you mean, access to start them? These plugins are SteamVR plugins and SteamVR itself is never running while PE is. I could add so fpsVR and similar “overlays” are listed in PE among the SteamVR games, but is that what you ask for? Sorry the confusion :slight_smile:

Sure, I will put it on the to-do list just for fun :slight_smile: Not a bad idea!

you know, I have already fixed this but it doesnt seem to be triggered on all PCs, this is super weird. It works on 2 of my PCs but not the third. What is required is simply to add one line into the steamvr.vrsettings file:

“power”: {
“autoLaunchSteamVROnButtonPress”: false
}

And that line is already added into steamvr.vrsettings upon PE startup. but for some reason, there seem to be conditions where it simply refuses to add that line to the file, and Im still investigating why :confused: Let us sort this out!
Meanwhile, you could add this line manually.

Hmm, that might be tricky, but let me ask the PiTool team if they can add that to the list of commands I can access through PE.

Another quite tricky thing as PE runs outside of SteamVR and there is no overlay. The only option would be that PiTool team adds “our own” guardian method.

Let me see what we can do, and thanks for the suggestions again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

concerning #1, How about just being able to play games in a flat screen mode? I sometimes just want a gigantic screen to play flat games on. The headset would provide that very well if the vr mode could be turned off or modified to provide a flat screen experience. Additionally, I want to be able to use the standard xbox controller instead of the vr controllers for some games. is it possible ot add these features? thanks