New Pimax 8KX Native 90Hz Mode Feature! - Tutorial and Review

I performed my tests using an RTX 3090 and with Pimax’s fiber optic cable installed. Your results may vary.

9 Likes

great, although unrelated do you think the fibre optic cable it thinner/more flexible than included cable with new artisan vision, i saw you do comparison on the cable before but that may have been in comparison to old cable with 5K+ that used adapter, the new artisan vision included cable has the same amount of connectors as the fibre optic.

From a data perspective it is identical to the original cable with the physical advantages of being more flexible and 1 additional meter long. The SNR is improved in some cases but that will not affect the performance.

3 Likes

ok thanks, but is it thinner as well?

can you not sell the artisan with this cable instead and adjust the price accordingly.

this would help make it much better than HP reverb G2 which still has a thick cable.

I’ve read that even the 6700xt works with the 90hz mode. So it’s not even a 3000 series, letalone an NVIDIA exclusive feature, as others with 2080s have reported that they’ve gotten it to work too.

Just putting it out there for any AMD owners that might want to give it a try it’s incorrectly labelled as an NVIDIA only - 3000 series exclusive mode when it’s not in fact. (unless it’s not approved to run on other hardware, that might be a different story but it’s quite possible that Pimax hasn’t tested the beta driver on a 6700xt yet)

1 Like

It is considerably thinner and the nicest VR HMD tether I have encountered so far bar wireless.

1 Like

this is great news, the true evolution of VR is in making the cable thin and flexible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.