Nevermind. Backlight works and ghosting is gone!

I’d give 60Hz a try to see how some 2D games perform using Nvidia surround (super ultra wide bezel-less monitor) + SteamVR desktop or Virtual Desktop since my 2nd monitor is only 60Hz. I put my Quest 2 on 60Hz through Virtual Desktop and my eyes wanted to fall out, so hopefully there isn’t much flickering with the 8KX.

1 Like

I heard this word mura so many time but still don’t know how it looks :))

1 Like
2 Likes

Is it mandatory to unplug the Display Port before uploading the FirmWare?

No it’s not. Just press upload.

2 Likes

Quite easy to simulate: wear a pair of dirty googles, or hold a slightly dirt or rippled glass plate straight in front of your head, then move around. Its a greyish haze/pattern that moves with your head/vision.

If you havent seen it in your HMD means your panels dont have it. You cant miss or ignore it otherwise. Consider yourself lucky, because a high amount of mura is way worse immersion killing than any SDE i’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Yes. Marcin and I have been testing it for a while, it’s within the upcoming version of the X FW. I can see benefits in it with FS 2020 and movie watching.

9 Likes

I still want the original backlight brightness I had from a leftover dev tool on my pc. I used it for a LONG time and it did nothing bad to my 5k+. Compatibility stopped with later firmware updates forcing it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.