Need Pi Tool for Pimax XR

Hi Guys I really need that Pi Tool Software where I could adjust the black levels of my Pimax Xr Oled HMD. I searched the whole google but every links is down

@Heliosurge @PimaxQuorra

Edit : Found a new pi tool version on the website :slight_smile:
Worked perfectly
Its very Important btw to dissable Hardware accelarated gpu in windows to get rid of the micro stutters.
Its still is an amaizing hmd and runs awesome on the rtx 4090 ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it a new pitool or do you mean pimax play?

As @mbucchia has said it is important to use latest pimax software as older versions will not work or work well with newest pimax xr.

Yeah it’s the newest Pi Tool software Version: v1.0.1.270
I took me 5 years btw to find out that I have to deactivate gpu accelerated planing in windows to use this headset properly without any jittering in tracking :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Okay that pitool might be last one(not sure) but is almost 2 years old.

You would want the latest pimax play to ensure full compatibility with PimaxXR unless your using an older version.(as recommended and stated by @mbucchia )

Glad to hear you’ve finally worked things out!

1 Like

Yeah finally after all these years :smiley: it’s still a great hmd even to this day . In my opinion it shouldn’t have been discontinued since it’s absolutely unique on planet earth . I mean it’s 200° oled. If it would be a little bit sharper and with updated more expensive panels it would be the best hmd .

2 Likes

Does Pimax play work with such an old hmd ? I thought pimax play is only for the reality series hmds

1 Like

Except as mbucchia has told pimax they need to be telling users to use pimax play client latest version with PimaxXR since the team is not updating pitool and the latest versions of PimaxXR will not work properly as Pitool is lacking the needed updates.

No Pimax Play should work fine with the older headsets as Pimax Client was fine

I have used my 8kX with earlier versions of pimax play/pimax client.

Pitool has been more or less discontinued. The new pimax software is likely not compatible with pimax’s first series headsets like the p4k that was still mostly supported still in pitool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.