My StarVR One Arrived!

Thank you very much! Do you have Assetto Corsa 1(original, not Competizione)? If not, let me know I can maybe gift it to you for testing.

1 Like

Sounds awesome! What kind of GPU do you have? Is it blurry from a far distance? Hopefully some settings tweaks may reduce the bluriness. I wonder if thereā€™s a way to use PiTool software to enable Parallel projection on StarVR somehow.

Also if there are any Steam or Oculus games you donā€™t own, you can always buy, try, and then refund them.

1 Like

Iā€™ve made a list to keep track of the games. Iā€™ll update it regularly:

Games that work perfectly

• Pistol Whip
  • Vader Immortal series
  • Robo Recall
  • Titans of Space
  • Pavlov VR
  • Half Life Alyx

Games that work but are GPU intensive

• The Blu

Not working

• Beatsaber
5 Likes

Thanks for your impressions!

So I take it (even though you have not had much time testing), your not mentioning light scatter could be assumed to mean itā€™s either non-existent, or so minimal it didnā€™t catch your attention at all?

I guess the overall resolution doesnā€™t really allow for much more sharpness and details - after all, they spread their 16m sub-pixels over a huge FoV so logically one will have to accept that there are less pixels per 1Ā° of FoV. Nothing you can do anything about, really.

For me the two no-goā€™s simply are the price and, as an absolute killer issue, the incompatibility for gaming.

After all, I want to use such device for gaming and I already dislike the amount of tinkering required to get the Pimax headsets to work, and will take a close look at the Index when I get it if it doesnā€™t give me a better overall experience with no hassle required to get this or that to work. But if it wonā€™t even work with half of the games after tinkering ? No thanks. Not even if priced at 1,000$, let alone 3,200$.

But if you of course have a single use case you want to pursue, like a racing sim or DCS, then it may be okay if that one game does work well with it. Although I would expect these two examples to actually not play out that well on the StarVR exactly because of its lack of resolution - want to spot your braking point marker for the next bend early ? Want to spot that far away plane and identify it ? I would fear these two tasks are not helped by a lower resolution per 1Ā°.

But letā€™s see what the guy with the StarVR on his desk will tell us ! :smile:

10 Likes

Yeah I tend to agree. I always liked the odyssey+ because I hate SDE and this was the first headset that had almost invisible SDE, but after a while the lack of sharpness really started to irritate me. And I donā€™t think the added Fov and colors will make up for that.

2 Likes

Congratsā€¦post a few pics :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

i think if skyrim works in this headset,(but i think not ,it needs parallel projection also)

it will look amazing with the rgb oled panelsā€¦
@VR-TECH what are your pc specs by the way?

4 Likes

I have a pretty beefy machine. 9900k, 2080 ti.

I am still waiting to receive the SDK. For development, not sure why its taking so long. Did some limited test, I have limited time to fiddle that is not allocated for work

The Software derivative of the Pitools is clearly design to not provide the rich options of Pitool hence no Parallel projection. I suppose we have to account for that when we are developing projects. It is not a consumer headset.

There is clear image clipping on the peripheral area like the Pimax when PP isnt enabled.

Did some testing and some titles that work.

1. Vader Immortal

2. Robo Recall

3. Titans of Space

7 Likes

Do you know how much the price?

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s there. Just under a different name?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/starvr-one-is-available-now-for-enterprise-customers/26922/223?u=drwilken

1 Like

For what, the Headset? Its 3,200$. If you are just a gamer, they wont sell it. Only if you are developer or enterprise

3 Likes

Thank you, only want to know the price. I email to reseller and they donā€™t reply or not answer.

have gone through the settings. It is very basic software and not much to it. I will take a look. but feel confident there is not parallel projection as option within it. Some things are done automatically with no allowance by users unless you are tweaking within development. I am not worry as this is not meant for gaming.

5 Likes

I just sounds a lot like compatible with parallel projection to me. Thatā€™s allā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

And the titles that work, run perfectly fine with the full FoV? No weird stretching or smaller FoV or anything?

1 Like

I found the optionā€¦but it only shows for a split second when changing the tab. I will need to read why the option disappear

5 Likes

So far, none have weird stretching. When things donā€™t work well is more like misalignment of the displays. Parallel Projection usually solves that. Index for example, always has it on

6 Likes

let us know when you got a game with Parallel Projection workingā€¦
Do you like the image?

2 Likes

Is it possible it disappears when other settings are enabled? Maybe you need to exit SteamVR first before being able to enable it or vice versa. Iā€™d check the software documentation on their website.

3 Likes