My RMA headset has stopped at customs

Hi
After waiting nearly two months for ma RMA 5k+ today I have a call from UPS Poland. They ask me is attached income correct… What can I say - the headset is far more expensive than declared 80$, but I was not buying it but RMA.

How to react in such a case?

Moreover they want to add sam tax VAT or something … who should pay it, me as your customer?

Hi Piotr,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

I just confirmed with the delivery colleague that your RMA headset is from Shanghai. And this is your second after-sale.

So the company decided that the second after-sale headset needs to be tested again and sent out from Shanghai.

As it is imported from Shanghai to Europe, there may be a certain amount of import duty. This is mainly the decision of the local customs.

I would like to ask, how much is the VAT?

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,
Matthew

thx for the quick replay @Matthew.Xu

I’m not sure how much is VAT for VR hedset. It is quite complicated, but in general in Poland we have 23% VAT for electronics.

The number of my case in Polish custom service is 1Z9WX4556704080396.

below I will copy and paste their mail. It is in polish but maybe you can translate it if it help?

Szanowni Państwo,

Informujemy, iż UPS jest w dyspozycji Państwa przesyłki importowej skierowanej do odprawy celnej o numerze wskazanym w tytule wiadomości.

Przede wszystkim prosimy o dokładny opis zamawianego towaru oraz potwierdzenie zamówienia na którym zawarte są koszty transportu.

W związku z wymaganą odprawą celną Państwa przesyłki proszę sprawdzić czy załączona faktura jest prawidłowa, w szczególności w następujących aspektach

• Faktura posiada numer
  • Dane nadawcy i odbiorcy są prawidłowe
  • Dane towaru, jego ilość oraz wartość są zgodne z Państwa zamówieniem
  • Na fakturze uwzględnione są koszty transportu – jako osobna pozycja lub jest prawidłowy Incoterms (prosimy o upewnienie się, że warunki transportu są zgodne z Państwa zamówieniem).

W sytuacji gdy nie zgadzacie się Państwo na odprawę celną na podstawie faktury już załączonej do przesyłki importowej i będziecie występować do nadawcy o nową fakturę, pragniemy poinformować, że za odprawę na podstawie nowej faktury, UPS pobierze od Państwa opłatę w wysokości 500 PLN netto.

W przypadku braku kosztów transportu bądź nieprawidłowego Incoterms – UPS zastrzega sobie prawo do zastosowania kosztów transportu zgodnie z oplatami IATA .

Jednocześnie zwracamy się z prośbą o przesłanie dokonanego przez Państwa tłumaczenia opisu zawartości towaru ujętego na fakturze.

Informujemy, iż UPS pobiera opłatę za użyczenie zabezpieczenia generalnego w wysokosci 2.5% od kwoty długu celnego nie mniej niż 68 PLN netto.

Po trzecim dniu roboczym od przylotu przesyłki, w razie braku kompletu dokumentów od Państwa, będzie naliczana opłata składowa 15 PLN netto za każdy dzień, za każdą paczkę w przesyłce zgodnie z cennikiem .

Informacje nt. przesyłki są aktualizowane na bieżąco na stronie www.ups.com w zakładce „Monitorowanie”.

Dziękujemy, że wybrali Państwo UPS.

Pozdrawiam,

Mateusz Gaczynski

Brokerage Rater

UPS GBS Polska Sp. z o.o.

University Business Park 1

Wolczanska 178

90-530 Lodz

gbsawizacje@ups.com

Now it is all information I have. I wrote to them this is RMA and I bought the headset in Europe. Waiting for their response.

1 Like

Can you communicate with them and ask them how much of VAT and whether we can provide document or certificate to avoid this tax because this is an RMA headset. Thank you.

2 Likes

Ofcourse I will let you know as quick as they give me these informations.

2 Likes

According to MY tracking for My RMA, the HMD is coming from Germany, (EU), and as I am in the UK, why have I been asked for £31.35 TAX ?

Hi @Matthew.Xu

I was speaking with them. Problem is that you declared value 80$ and gave common invoice. Not a word about RMA. If you did everything would be easier in their opinion. They checked value of your product on the internet and now we have problem :wink:

Vat is 23%. It is not sure but maybe it would be counted from declared value 80$ plus their work it would be about 40$.

There is a chance to avoid payment if deliver them serial numbers of the unit sensed by me and this one. Or any document that can prove that was RMA not a buy.

1 Like

Do you mean this tracking (https://community.openmr.ai/t/confusing-tracking/24285)? This one is not coming from Germany, it just used the EU hub in Germany, and in Alaska, and… :slight_smile:

Yes and notice how it was in Southampton, United Kingdom, I live on the Isle of wight, right across a 7mile stretch of water from Southampton. then it went to Germany, then back to Castle Donington UK then back to Southampton then the Isle of wight.
I had to pay £31.35 to get My RMA 5K+.

2019-12-10 11:35    SANDOWN, GB, DELIVERED
2019-12-10 07:24    Southampton, United Kingdom, Out For Delivery
2019-12-10 07:00    Southampton, United Kingdom, Arrival Scan
2019-12-10 03:50    Castle Donington, United Kingdom, Departure Scan
2019-12-09 02:07    Castle Donington, United Kingdom, Arrival Scan
2019-12-09 01:45    Koeln, Germany, Departure Scan
2019-12-06 19:23    Koeln, Germany, Arrival Scan
2019-12-06 06:24    Shanghai, China, Departure Scan
2019-12-06 03:56    Southampton, United Kingdom, Import C.O.D. (ICOD) charges are due for this shipment.
2019-12-06 03:56    Southampton, United Kingdom, Duties or taxes are due on this package.
2019-12-06 02:27    Shanghai, China, Export Scan
2019-12-06 01:54    Your package was released by the clearing agency.
2019-12-06 00:11    Anchorage, AK, United States, Departure Scan
2019-12-05 21:30    Shanghai, China, Arrival Scan
2019-12-05 21:15    Shanghai, China, Departure Scan
2019-12-05 20:31    Anchorage, AK, United States, Arrival Scan
2019-12-05 20:20    Shanghai, China, Origin Scan
2019-12-05 15:18    Shanghai, China, Pickup Scan
2019-12-05 14:17    China, Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Wow. That is a same case with mine.
I was charged about $150 and got a cable from Pimax as an apology.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
I try to send you a after-sales certificate by email. Thank you.

1 Like

Something is wrong here. They want to charge me 100$ because headset is new… and maybe there is chance it would by only 40$ but this is a little beyond low- I need to write the statement that are not new but used and declared value 80$ is correct…
More they need CE certificate what is primary condition to pass the headset farther.

1 Like

What is really needed here is proper local warehehouses. Like if you bought your headset on Amazon, you’d get a replacement in days. but if you bought from Pimax directly it can take months :frowning: (I know the problem is mainly with customs and logistics, I get that, but still) Local warehouses would help a lot. Within the EU we can just send stuff without having to pass customs. No import tax, no customs clearance fee or whatever.

Pimax has local warehouses. That is not the case. This is my second rma. First time replacement was shipped from GB… it also took over a month. For the second time they decided that in Shanghai have better QC. I’ve waited standard over a month plus now there are problems with customs…

Similar here. When I returned my Second headset, it was sent to a local warehouse in Australia, but that was a no questions asked new piece of hardware because Pimax had replaced my 5K XR with a 5K Plus by mistake.

It seems that Pimax like to perform additional Quality Control on subsequent repairs / replacements after your 1st, probably to try and stop there being a third…

Do you have your original purchase invoice from Pimax, and does it show that you paid taxes for your country? If so, you can argue the case that you shouldn’t have to pay tax on a warranty replacement. If you didn’t, good luck!

But why they can’t send me CE certificate for 2 days now… I’m starting to think they dont have it. Yes, I know that on the box is CE symbol visible…

@Matthew.Xu
What is going on? Do you have this CE Certificate that I’ve been asking 4 working days ago? Few days more and customs return my headset to Shanghai… that is crazy…

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu @SweViver

After a week I still don’t have CE certificate, and no respond about my question do they get my money back if I had to pay customs for my headset.

Today somebody of Pimax has send me a “document” called invoice - it was Excel datasheet with no bookkeeping numbers, hand signs, stamps anything… such a document I could create i 1 minute.

Please help me somebody because I’m loosing my faith in this company completely.

• first RMA - I get worst headset that I send (after 1,5 mont),
  • second RMA (still don’t have my headset after over 2 months).

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Hi @gorzasty, I am sorry for the trouble with the customers and international logistics. Vivi has been taking care of your ticket.
Wish you a Merry Christmas.