My replacement cable came today

I’m thrilled with my replacement cable. It has solved the following issues I was seeing:

• Pixel sparkles
  • Black flashes
  • White flashes (which were very annoying)
  • Multi-colored horizontal line flashing (also very annoying)
  • And unexpectedly: The every-other line differs issue (when quickly moving your head with a bright background I saw an effect much like looking at an old CRT TV)

I’ve only had about 20 minutes to test it, but I saw none of the previous problems at all. I had gotten used to them, but I didn’t realize how much they were affecting my immersion.

My 8K has gone from a good headset with some issues, to a great headset. :+1: I am very happy. This was worth the wait: ~15 months for the headset and ~1 month for the replacement cable.

16 Likes

Haha good to see your issues resolved, happy immersing!

2 Likes

The ironic twist is that I’m going on vacation in the morning and won’t get to use it for a while. :confounded:

7 Likes

Oh I get that all the time. My Pimax was delivered when I was just away a few days. Then my other Pimax the same. Then my DAS arrived and I had 4 days before I could use it. I’m getting a bit used to it now

4 Likes

What kind of cable is this? A normal double HDMI cable? I havent received my pimax yet, but i think id rather buy it myself than bothering doing this resending process.

No it is proprietary Pimax cable, you can’t buy it anywhere yet.

3 Likes

After few hours I noticed few sparkling pixels also with new cable but not always and when they appear they are much less pronounced.

3 Likes

Yes, McUH is correct. It’s a replacement for my Pimax cable, the original was defective. I could use VR, but there was a lot of signal problems. Here’s a through-the-lens video, showing the problem (which is the evidence I provided to support, to get a replacement cable). Ignore the flickering; watch for the black and white flashes. Usually, it wasn’t as often as it is in this video…

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj2gdTGJyh_32UNwmFZjEYQhQdaW

3 Likes

I got mine today too. But they were supposed to send one for my 5K+ and 8K. I might only get one :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The bright side is you can not use the both headsets at the same time. :beers:

2 Likes