My Pimax 5K XR is freezing!

I’m having an issue with my headset freezing every 60 minutes to the minute. I’m not sure if it’s the headset because I also have an Oculus Rift S that is doing the same thing. I’ve sent my 1 year old MSI Gaming machine back twice for warrantee, and they’ve put in 2 video cards (RTX 2070) and a new mother board as well, but that hasn’t fixed it either. I’ve saved a bunch of logs from Steam and Windows, but I can’t upload them here. Can someone tell me what these mean and maybe how to fix it??

Thanks,
Jeff

aapvr: fail to ReleaseSync with err:-2005270527
aapvr: no layer to present.
aapvr: not both shared tex handle valid.

Mon Jun 29 2020 19:09:51.954 - aapvr: fail to find sharedTextureHandle:2147502658
Mon Jun 29 2020 19:09:51.954 - aapvr: fail to find sharedTextureHandle:3221235266
Mon Jun 29 2020 19:09:51.954 - aapvr: fail to find sharedTextureHandle:2147502658
Mon Jun 29 2020 19:09:51.954 - aapvr: fail to find sharedTextureHandle:3221235266
Mon Jun 29 2020 19:09:51.954 - aapvr: not both shared tex handle valid.

Do you have openvr advanced settings installed, or any other steamVR addons? Try to strip them all back down to a brand new steamvr installation. This is definitely looking like a software issue.

1 Like

Do you have anything running in the background that might be updating every hour? Antivirus? Malware protection?
I had an issue on an MSI laptop with the screen freezing for in a game For one second every five seconds.
Maybe check and see what programs in the background could be causing the glitch. I had to do a clean install of windows, and add only a single antivirus program. It was a pain in the butt but fixed the problem.
Good luck!

I don’t have any SteamVR addons. I Pretty much run it in the default settings. I turned off the anti-virus software, and go rid of everything not related to racing but, this machine is dedicated strictly to racing so there wasn’t much to get rid of. I do however use Teamspeak, Trading Paints so my paint jobs show up, VRS telemetry software, SteamVR, Crew Chief for car adjustments during the races, and iRacing Beta UI. I used to use the website version of iRacing, but it still did the same thing. At one point I had deleted everything but iRacing and my software for my wheel and pedals, but nothing changed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.