My own comfort improvements for the 8kx (Blackout-Solution & prescription)

I’ve made my own solution for using prescription glasses. The solution uses three parts:
A lower part and a upper part that are clipped into the pimax. Both parts have magnets clued to.
On these magnets the middle parts are mounted with other magnets. The idea was, the glasses can be removed without dismounting anything. It is not perfect but also not bad.

The other improvement is a solution to avoid lightleaking from the nose opening. I used this already with my 5k+ but because the 8kx doesn’t have the threads at the bottom anymore I had to redesign it a a little bit.
This consists out of 2 equal parts. Both have magnets inside, which were put there during the 3d-printing. Between these two parts a “Buff” (www.buff.com) or something similar is put and clamped by the magnet force

And I’m using still the Vive DAS, but without speakers and additional counter weights. Much thanks to the guys designing these adapters :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The lighting blackouts are nice but I found with the 8KX that the main thing is your glasses fit nicely to your face as close as possible without touching the Fresnel lenses. I messed around with prescription 3D printing but found an easier solution to me. I bought some inexpensive glasses with the largest lenses possible and with very thin frames. I then remove the top brace to allow me to slight bend the frame for a better face fit. The key was to buy a strap that would hold my glasses nicely to my face and not allow them to move forward towards the lenses. I found some straps on Amazon that adjust nicely and stay there. Works great for me without the need of fancy prints.
GlassesFix

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.