My first quik impressions off the 8kx (john2910)

First of all i did get the appologies from the support that i was right that i dont needed to pay a another 100 euro.

After that they did help me good with sending the 8kx quik,so thx for that.

I tried:contractors,skyrim,halflife,pavlov, and primordian (mainly for the colors )to test and the resolution.(phantom ops from the oculus store didnt work for me…it has strange glitches.

i dont know why.I am on the latest beta pitool and firmware.

First the resolution,thats a big plus for me it looks great.
Also for the colors they were okay for me,maybe even somewhat better then on the valve index.

Try the game primordian you will see what the colors and the resolution can do in this game it will blow you away…Amazing!

Halflife,we all know will look stunning also.
My modded skyrim looked also great!

All games were running okay for me on my 2080ti

I used the native mode(75hz) and pitool at 1 and steam on auto.

But now the BIG downsides,the comfort is terrible…

I cant get the comfortstrap low enough.
Some body said you must use force,but it will brake if i do that… so thats a no go…!
Also was there only 1 facefoam included…

The cross eye feeling or eyestrain were also again a problem(like all my old pimax headsets…
Mura i also did see again,but not as bad as on the star vr one…(by the way i wish this resolution was on the star vr one,that would have been a killer combo)

But the big plus is the resolution of the 8kx,and better colors then the old pimax headsets(try primordian you see what it can do)

So i hope pima can fix the comfort for all people who bought the 8kx…

And now we wait on the deluxe audio…Because those audio things that are now included are a no go for me…

Will i keep my 8kx,for now i dont know yet.
I will need to test it more,and have better comfort and hopefully the eyestrain can go away…
Distortion is also a little less then on the 5k plus…

All in all its not there yet,but resolution and colors a big step up…!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.