Must try games for a newbie on VR

As a newbie on virtual reality (if you dont count some blah-blah demos on dk1) I’d wanna play mostly horror games and maybe try some racing/sims

So… list the games you like to play the most on a VR headset

(Helio if this topic wont fit here you’re welcome to move it to a proper section)

2 Likes

Here’s what I can say first of all – Make sure anyone new to VR understand about the chaperone!

I made this mistake twice, #1 friend punched my window in the first 30 seconds. #2 friend ran into a door frame in the first 30 seconds. :anguished::cold_sweat::cry:

2 Likes

So youre saying get some ropes and zip-ties? Checked.

2 Likes

First of all, welcome to the pack!

If you like horror games, A Chair in a Room & The Exorcist VR are good choices.
I’m not an expert myself on this genre, because I shit my pants every time I try xD

If you ask for other games aside from horror, I recommend:

SuperHOT

The Gallery Episode 1 & 2

Gorn

2 Likes

Well as folks are preparing for pimax headset arrival. I don’t see any issue with it being in this category as I am sure these will be what folks load up. Lol

I am sure after your mishap; you set your friend up.

Now show us the video… :beers::joy::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Use invisible fencing. :smiling_imp::zap::zap:

1 Like

Alien Isolation with its VR mod

Doom 3 BFG VR mod

New Retro Arcade Neon (essential VR App if you like emulation,)

Asseto Corsa

2 Likes

I too am a horror fan. In addition to what has been mentioned, Try Organ Quarter. It’s very close to silent hill in play style. Alien Isolation if you have really big balls. just be sure to wear an adult diaper, you are likely to soil it. Sisters is great for some quick jump scares, if you browse thru Steam there are plenty more. Ethan Carter is also a very good game but has pretty stiff GPU requirements. It looks awesome though. These should get you started.

2 Likes

Beat Saber off course!

2 Likes

I would recommend
1-Pavlov for the multiplayer experience
2-Chronos for the sit down 3rd person experience (kind of like a Zelda game)
3- Robo Recall (it is so well done)
4- knock out league (you will get a great workout and this will be the first game you will show to your friends that come over)

2 Likes

For me… “Richie’s Plank” is the first VR experience I make people try… An elevator that takes people many stories up and when the door opens there is a “plank” they have to walk… it’s actually well done and I get a good laugh watching them trying to walk this narrow wood plank way up in the air!!! If by some chance they get to the end, a good push usually gets a scream!!!

3 Likes

Dreadeye … .really macabre horror experience…good visuals aswell

1 Like

Also paranormal activity is good and ghost town mine cart ride which is great value for money

1 Like

I have done that, but a word of caution - be prepared to catch and possibly man-handle the person should they lose their balance because of your push. Also not a bad idea to have some cushions around.

1 Like