Multi colored chevron/custom chevron color setting in pitool?

Is this possible to do? @PimaxUSA can we have a pitool setting to change the chevron color in the future?

3 Likes

Yes we can. It was leaked earlier. PimaxUSA please don’t smite me. I’m a little surprised they didn’t mention it.

4 Likes

I’m more interested in an option to turn the rgb OFF then changing its colors. Especially when PP is on and the headset just…blinks…constantly. It drive me insane and needs to have a toggle option.

1 Like

I dunno a police blue red strobing might be fun. Lol

2 Likes

That’d be great, or a robocop pattern.

Give us many a shifting rainbow rgb patterns Pimax, and all the colors.

1 Like

Cylon red is obviously the best choice n__n

I thought they would put the x chevron on the 8k x. Might be an option for a face lift version, or is it coming with an x chevron?

1 Like

Unbenannt

2 Likes

Oh, hello Microsoft

2 Likes

How can it be possible to change the chevron colour when it’s clearly blue plastic when unpowered? I have been wondering this for a while.

2 Likes

It’s a light blue tint, not a colored filter. Plenty of red and green light can apparently pass through it. (This can be seen in the earliest prototype photos.)

1 Like

Neat. I’d love to set mine up with a wanky animated rainbow gradient fade. Would look cool on streams.

There are like 10 LEDs inside there, right? I’m sure they’re not, but it’d be neat if they were invididually addressable. You could hook them up to the upcoming eye tracking and get a Zaku red-eye effect going :wink:

4 Likes

The earliest prototypes had an animated effect. Pimax has said that they will (eventually) add animation control to PiTool. From the video, it’s hard to tell if they are individually addressable (they might be linked in pairs), but it’s likely that each LED can have its own color setting.

2 Likes

I am not sure, but who knows :wink: !

But I admit I thought it would be cool if there was a Scarlet VR HMD from PiMax! the Green would fit :smile:.

Edit: I am a PC Fan Boy, never got into the Consoles really - but who knows what the futur might bring.

3 Likes

The chevron has a cyan tint to make it hip when the lights are off, so multi color yes, RGB no.

A truly RGB capable system would have to use plastics that are transparent/opaque

Demonstration: MSI's 7nm AMD 3700X Radeon 5700 XT Powered Gaming PC - YouTube

1 Like

It appears that the chevron is “transparent enough” for all colors (even if red appears a bit subdued). Here are some early prototype shots:

Source:

2 Likes

Excellent photos :+1:

Using my arbitrarily chosen cyan as an example, it’s in line with expectations.

color%20subtraction

1 Like