MRTV: Pimax IPD Tutorial - How To Set Pimax 8KX IPD Offset Correctly! No More Eyestrain!

I will try this as I do not have a controller. Many flight & race sim users also without tracked controllers which the VR channels forget to mention.

Thanks Mister German speaking guy ! :wink:

2 Likes

Here is mein-blau tvā€™s explanation translated from German to English using Google. Few grammatical edits for clarification ~ Big Thanks to Mister Mein-Blau TV :+1: :blush: :-

EASIER AND MORE ACCURATE

it didnā€™t help me personally, because the mere fact that I donā€™t have a controller as a SIM player makes the whole video useless. The fact that the IPD value is not really taken into account and that everything goes a little by thumb doesnā€™t really help either. Glasses off and on and then ā€¦ I guess it will fit?

I found something that you can do with your Pimax 8Kx, to set the absolute optimal IPD value and thus get the perfectly sharp picture WITHOUT this imprecise controller attempt with glasses up and down etc.

First you need your IPD values ā€‹ā€‹from an optician. If you have this, you set exactly this with the small wheel on the Pimax. The most precise measurement is very important.

Then you need this file :-

https://community.openmr.com/uploads/default/original/2X/4/481780a89825ad6fd7648ad443147439d618e7fe.jpeg 15

Then make a backup copy of pimax_default.jpg in C:\Program Files\Pimax\Runtime\resource

Replace the above file with the downloaded image.

Now put on your Pimax headset and the adjustment using the Pitool can begin.

You need to click on the point in the Pi Tool and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to change the numeric values up or down. At first you will see a distorted image vertically and horizontally. But ā€¦

Now close the non-dominant eye (the one where you can read less well in normal life) and move the slider until:

a) on your dominant eye (the other eye is closed) the box in the middle is looking straight and pin sharp.
b) Now open both eyes and adjust the left image (move it onto the other) so that it fits the other image 100%, i.e. it is on top of each other. Now you shouldt only see one picture, no distortion or displacement. One line is 100% on the other and lo and beholdā€¦

The top picture is readyā€¦

• With both eyes open and the image lined up correctly with no overlap, means the IPD settings are now correct ! *
7 Likes

Thank you when I have a moment will post a copy of this in #guidebank

1 Like

Danke fĆ¼r die Anleitungā€¦ aber blƶde frage, wie komme ich zu pimax home, damit ich das Bild sehe und die IPD einstellen kann! Danke fĆ¼r die Hilfe.

Thanks for the guideā€¦ but stupid question, how do I get to pimax home so I can see the picture and set the IPD! Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Tick box ā€œStart Pitool Homeā€ in Pitool settings to see the grid in the hmd

1 Like

I donā€™t see ā€œstart pitool homeā€!?
Just boxes to tick ā€œcloseā€ (i think), ā€œhomeā€ and ā€œexperience homeā€ā€¦ but nowhere i can see hiw to start this.
Iā€™m sorry :ok_man:t3:

2 Likes

I also cannot see the image, I do not understand why

You need a Pitool without the experience. Itā€™s an older method before the software came out.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using Pitool 261. Didnā€™t realize the option had gone from later pitools.

If the Guide has mentioned replacing default.jpg you need to load pitool and not launch SteamVR; as long as the Home is not active(3d planet scape) you should see the Pic.

1 Like

I tried Pitool 261 but it does not work with the 8kx dmas 2076

1 Like

You may need to try maybe 271 or 272.

1 Like

Pitool 271 and 272 does work with 8kx dmas but also with these old pitools I cannot see the image :pensive:

You would need to see what pitool version was out in Dec 2021 as that was when tjis new 8kX came out

1 Like

Is there another method to set up correctly the ipd offset? The method advised by mrtv is not so much precise to me

1 Like

This post describes a variation or different.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/mrtv-pimax-ipd-tutorial-how-to-set-pimax-8kx-ipd-offset-correctly-no-more-eyestrain/38433/22?u=heliosurge

Wow, I saw this before but forgot about it (MRTVā€™s video).
Just tried it and it seems to make a big difference!

3 Likes

As for me i also did did myself but i will try your method.

weil !
With the video up there my screens get totally messed up :laughing:
i can read stuff sharp, but the 3d gets to no fun at all :wink: my ipd is 60,9ā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.