MRTV - CES 2019: Trying Out The Pimax Eye Tracking Module!

18 Likes

Both eyes - at least on that one unit: Good.

4 Likes

Can anyone recap what he says?

1 Like

RECAP
It works!
It will be out in a month or so.
The module clips into the HMD
The cost is not known
Not yet incorporated with foveated rendering

7 Likes

Is it just me or does it look like the little plastic tabs on the bottom of the eye trackers would stab into your face while wearing the headset?

2 Likes

Where do you hear that?

It looks like they have the thicker padding to compensate for that.

1 Like

MRTV said it in the video. He said the eye trackers where done, but they did not want to throw it out without any content. So when there is some content other than the “stare” a mole it will be released.

3 Likes

I heard that but nothing about being out in a month.

1 Like

Just the subtitles of the video:
https://www.diycaptions.com/php/get-automatic-captions-as-txt.php?id=z6OqXodKExM&language=asr
“he didn’t pinpoints a date right he just said like okay month probably in months so this is still month away”

So a little longer darn xD

2 Likes

Good news is that HTC is on board too now, so development and game supporting it should go faster.

2 Likes

HTC? You sure? HTC helping Pimax would be just helping their doom. Seeing as Pimax is litteraly a direct competitor to HTC at the consumer level. Perhaps even the business level when they get a real solid product and relations going!

I think it is more valve who is working with Pimax as the new head of Pimax USA said Pimax had worked closely with what can only be assumed is Valve. As HTC has nothing to do with the knuckles.

3 Likes

IIRC he said they were working with NVidia and Valve (not HTC).

1 Like

HTC/Vavle, it doesn’t matter, I am talking about game/app developers

2 Likes

Ohhh yea then I understand hehe good point. Just really bad it wasn’t an addon as tobii did show that previously.

1 Like

Game/app developers are going to care most about Valve (aka SteamVR) compatibility since that is what their software will be interacting with. HTC has little to do with the software side.

PSA: Know the difference between Valve and HTC.

1 Like

So this was not any of the companies we’ve talked about, right? Do we know anything about these guys?

1 Like

Backer’s cost is known. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

More headsets that have eyetracking support will push development.

We just need to ensure pimax is also working with Amd. Since Amd = Opensource more than Nvidia.

3 Likes

The pimax eye tracking module works with the prescription lenses module? Has space?

2 Likes