Mouse Pointer Not Working in Pimax Experience [Solved]

I’m waiting for the Sword controllers, so right now I’m just using my mouse and keyboard. But Pimax Experience is unusable because the mouse pointer is absent, and it seems I have no way to make it appear. This is the way it was when I first installed Experience, but then one day, the pointer mysteriously appeared. As far as I know, this happened with no action on my part. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of following Pitool’s prompt to update only to find out that it was a rollback. When I reinstalled the latest Pitool V1.0.2.084, that also installs Pimax Experience, the pointer was gone again. If anyone knows how to fix this, I’d greatly appreciate your solution.
I have another little issue that I wonder whether anybody else is experiencing. When the headset is in standby mode, its LED is lit a dim red. When it’s off, the LED is bright red. When the headset is fully powered on, the LED is violet. Twice today immediately after reinstalling Pitool, when the headset was fully on, the LED was green, but then reverted to violet after a reboot. What should it be, and should I be asking for help from Pimax Support?

EDIT by @Davebobman:
@DrWilken provided the solution in this link: Pimax VR Experience Open Beta 0.50 - Releasing Now!. There were a couple of settings in the PVRHome file that had to be changed.

Your mouse pointer will only show up in the Steam Vr box but you got to really work it for ti to show up.
Try to see if you see your pointer in the box? My hand controlers stoped working once and thats where I found the mouse pointer moving and only in the box.

Hmmm it shows up fairly quickly for me. Try alt-tabbing out and back in again, maybe that will help. It may reset the ‘locking’ aspect. PE should lock the mouse when it is the focused window.

Colours:

Bright red: Off
Dim red: on but Disconnected (no PiTool, perhaps no tracking)
Green: on without PP
Purple: on with PP

Regarding green / purple, the headset will remember the last applied profile from PT or PE. Hope that helps.

Thanks for you suggestion JFandL. The only thing that shows up in the SteamVR box is a blue dot that moves according to my head movement. There seems to be no way of selecting whatever the dot is placed upon. So far nothing I do changes the dot to a pointer or allows me to click it. But still, thanks for the suggestion.

Hey Octofox, thanks for the good suggestion. When I alt-tab, the display of the headset does not show up as one of the open windows, and consequently it did not help to activate the pointer. In case you’re wondering, I moved the mouse to another port and even used a second mouse without success. I’ll probably be contacting Pimax Help tomorrow, it seems pretty certain that something is not quite right.
On the LED, I’m afraid I can’t quite guess what PP is. I’m sure as soon as you set me straight, I’ll realize it was obvious.

1 Like

Ah OK hmmm good luck. The PE environment shows on my desktop as a window when the headset boots up.

PP = Parallel Projection

Thanks for that. I’m pretty sure my LED is behaving just like yours. And if I recall correctly, when my pointer was working, the PE window was also showing on my desktop. I don’t know why it won’t now. I may try reinstalling Pitool 1.0.2.084, but I’m worried that I’ll have to import all my games again. Thank you for sticking with me on this.

1 Like

For me I had to change in settings in PE to get mouse to work.

If you are THE Skidrow, I’m a real fan. Your work is impressive. If anybody would know how to work around programming, it would be you. The only problem I have is that without the mouse working, there doesn’t seem to be a way to change any settings in PE. If you wouldn’t mind, would you give me some step-by-step instructions?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/beta-0-50-added-vr-mouse-interaction-window-fullscreen-mode-etc-please-test-it-asap/31615/13?u=drwilken

EDIT: Even better explanation:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-open-beta-0-50-releasing-now/31649/12

FYI: An upcoming version will supposedly enable the mouse automatically if no VR controllers are detected… :wink:

Hey thanks Dr. Wilken. I made the PVRHome file alteration mentioned in the second link, and now everything works fine. If anybody else is having this problem, I’ll be sure to tell them the solution. I’m glad you’re still monitoring this forum.

2 Likes

Skidrow, Dr. Wilken provided the solution in this link: https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-open-beta-0-50-releasing-now/31649/12. There were a couple of settings in the PVRHome file that had to be changed.

1 Like

Octofox, Dr. Wilken provided the solution in this link: Pimax VR Experience Open Beta 0.50 - Releasing Now!. There were a couple of settings in the PVRHome file that had to be changed. Thank you for all the extra information you provided.

2 Likes

JFandL, Dr. Wilken provided the solution in this link: Pimax VR Experience Open Beta 0.50 - Releasing Now!. There were a couple of settings in the PVRHome file that had to be changed. Thanks again for trying to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.