Motion Compensation feature not present anymore in Pimax Client?

Sounds interesting and good to know about this things you mentioned. I will try out both systems and will then decide which one ist best for me.

I will keep this post updated with my results in the coming days.

1 Like

I know right? I’ve been saying this since 2019.

They now seem to be relying on mbucchia to do it for them.

And I do t mind because he’s a genius, but if they are going to rely on him the should make it official and give him full driver access to do it instead of him having to hack.

also it would be nice to see Pimax logo on the list on OpenXR 's web page.

For a company that claims to be ushering in VR 3.0.

To not be on the OpenXR train officially is kind of a VR -3.0

3 Likes

Hi, fyi. I have the Pimax crystal lighhouse face plate, one htc base v2 and vive tracker v3. I put the tracker on a 6dof motion simulator. It is not working well. Heave, Forward, backward, lateral motions of the simulator are compensated well but any angle such as roll, and pitch.
Wherever i install the tracker on the rig, the problem remains.

Next…
when i put the tracker right on the top of my head with the headset on, pimax mc was canceling all my movements perfectly, such as lateral, back, forward, up and down. However, when i tilted my head to create an angle to create a roll or pitch, the compensation was totally wrong.
And the button recenter does not work in the hidden menu.

It seems pimax mc is not well implemented.

2 Likes

Hey ! I am using OpenXR Motion Compensation + 3DOF rig + FlyPT and it works fine.
I created this support to hold the controller as it’s the most reliable way to track the motion.

1 Like