MOSS VR won't start with Parallel Projections ON

With Moss i get a long loading screen and a crash with an unreal 4 error with PP on.
With PP off it starts fine but then i get the double image.
Does anyone know what to do?

3 Likes

Try reducing Pitool render multiplier.

1 Like

I have the same error with Hellblade, if I run it on any FOV, except small.
Small FOV will help :beers:

1 Like

It works! Just reduced pitool from 1.25 to 1 and manual video SS. THanks!

1 Like

so you can just reduce rendering res and keep te FOV :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you manage to start the game not on a small FOV? :scream_cat:

1 Like

Yip just try…

1 Like

Great, this is great, as I prefer just a big FOV. I will try, thank!

2 Likes

Welcome and Hail to Heliosurge! :grin:

3 Likes

Your welcome. PP is said to increase res targets. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I was not able to run HellBlade on the big FOV. I turned everything down to a minimum: PiTool = 0.5, S = 20% (800x500 per eye :woozy_face: ). There was no sense, the error still issued.

But there is good news.
I managed to run Hellblade on Normal FOV. And this is not bad :beers:

It seems that it’s described here that you don’t need to use a large FOV in Hellblade:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/hellblade-fatal-error/11484/2?u=century

1 Like

If you import HellbladeGameVR-Win64-Shipping.exe into pitool and run it, you will get satisfactory graphics and frames. works with non pp.

2 Likes

I tried import HellbladeGameVR-Win64-Shipping.exe into pitool and run it, game stop at screen where it tell you how to recenter the screen. And game stop there. It won’t respond to xbox control or mouse/keyboard. Is there anything else I need to do other then import the file and run?

I tried launching the game in normal way. Game will run but I got doule image inside the game (game menu doesn’t have this issue). And performance seems very poor with PP NOT enable.

install oculus home software and run

Create steam_appid.txt In the folder where HellbladeGameVR-Win64-Shipping.exe is located,
add 747350 in steam_appid.txt and save

Import DyingLightGame.exe into pitool

I bought my Hellblade from Steam. Do I still need to install oculus home software?

Yes as your using the oculus runtime to run hellblade without steam.

Interesting. Do I need to setup oculus account? Or just install the software is fine?
I do not want facebook spying me…

I beleive you will need an oculus account. But can’t say for sure. Tbh web browsers do a lot of that already. Oculus will have less poking than using Internet Explorer & Edge browser. Be more in line with a 3rdparty web browser.

An Oculus account won’t give them extra spying power. Even just setup an email account for it if want extra peice of mind.

1 Like

You are right. You need to setup oculus account to use it.
Good thing you don’t need to keep Oculus software on all the time. Just need to turn it on when wanting to play Hellblade.

I wonder why Oculus software doesn’t need to enable PP but Steam VR needs PP…

1 Like

Differences in OpenVR Vs Oculus implementations?

1 Like